should i file taxes if im para on ssdi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this link. This one too.
    Last edited by ginamarie; 25 Mar 2008, 7:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by november
      Sooner or later the IRS will catch up with a person, especially if they aren't filing or filing falsely. Red flags will go up.
      That's exactly what I was thinking.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Social Security Retirement and Disability counts, bus SSI does not. Irs Link

(It is pretty clear in the first page of the Package, linked inside the quote as well). Or just plug your figures into the calculator in Gina's first link.

Economic Stimulus Payments: Information for Recipients of Social Security Benefits

Updated March 12, 2008
        This section is for people who receive Social Security retirement or disability benefits. The IRS and Treasury will be working closely with the Social Security Administration to ensure that all eligible individuals know what to do to receive a stimulus payment.
        Normally, certain Social Security payments are not subject to income tax. However, the economic stimulus law passed in February contains a special provision allowing Social Security recipients to count those benefits toward the qualifying income requirement of $3,000 and thereby qualify for the stimulus payment.
        For eligible Social Security recipients who do not normally file a tax return, the IRS has prepared an 8-page informational package that provides instructions, a sample Form 1040A and a blank Form 1040A — everything needed to file the tax form today. See eligibility requirements below.Supplemental Security Income (SSI) does not count as qualifying income for the stimulus payment.
        Gina, your second link doesn't work.
        Last edited by sjean423; 25 Mar 2008, 12:09 AM.
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
          Social Security Retirement and Disability counts, bus SSI does not. Irs Link

(It is pretty clear in the first page of the Package, linked inside the quote as well). Or just plug your figures into the calculator in Gina's first link.

Gina, your second link doesn't work.
          Thanks, I fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ginamarie
            Thanks, I fixed it.
            LOL, your second link was what I posted. Even when it didn;t work I found it,
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Thanks for the links, I'll be getting the $300. SSI needs the income not SSDI. Woohoo!
              Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X