Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a job and train after I graduated college?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a job and train after I graduated college?

How can I get a government grant to hold me over while I find a job and train after I graduated college? I have loans to repay and if I accept a job in my field it will take at least 3 months to start gaining income, and the 5 dollars in my account is not going to hold me over for the next 3 or 4 months. Is there such a grant I can apply for? Any suggestion on this will be great help.

Originally posted by karlahaze
    How can I get a government grant to hold me over while I find a job and train after I graduated college? I have loans to repay and if I accept a job in my field it will take at least 3 months to start gaining income, and the 5 dollars in my account is not going to hold me over for the next 3 or 4 months. Is there such a grant I can apply for? Any suggestion on this will be great help.
    Karlahaze, I moved your post to the Work, School & Money forum where hopefully somebody can help you get an answer to your question. Wise.

Comment

It's called welfare. There are no grants to pay your living expenses.

Where are you getting income while in school? SSI? SSDI? Why will you not get a paycheck for 3 months in your field? Can you live with parents or other family?

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

The only thing I can think of was already said, living with family, or at least getting a roomate to split costs. I don't think the government will help you on this one.

Comment

Working...
        X