Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabled and Proud Entrepreneurs (DAPEs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say set the example using your 'proof of disability'. I'm still not convinced of your motivations with the disabled fixation that is apparent along with your questionable association to our ranks you provided in the past. I wont get into using disability as a marketing tool, I think others already have that covered.

Comment

FYI: a chunk of webring code to an unrelated entity on a business site is far from professional. I have a small business that targets a very specific local/semi-local market & it would serve absolutely no purpose to put this on one of my sites. I'm not knocking your idea but you might want to rethink it if you hope for participation from a number of users.

Comment

Originally posted by thejoker
        As a person with a disability and the owner of a business, I do not want to be known as the crip woman, I want to be known as a woman who is competent and capable and if a person meets me they may notice, oh by the way, I am a person with a disability. I am not selling my disability, I am selling my talents and skills.

Susan, you never cease to amaze me at your lack of basic understanding - you grab the medical model of the poor crip every time. If you ever begin to implement the concepts of the IL movement, you could be an effective advocate.

The last thing people with disabilities need is more "special treatment" - we need a level playing field and your attempts to segregate and illuminate disabilities for profit is at best misguided, at worst disgusting.
        The G/L community is loaded with NGO┬┤s supporting themselves.

http://www.smallbusinessnotes.com/in...gaybuslks.html
        "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Working...
        X