Clear All

Originally posted by john smith
    I can see the shingle now:

Clipper, Kiran, Ozymandias, Smith, & Associates, LLC

John
    and Spanos.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

I am really happy for you clipper. You will make a fine lawyer no matter what area you choose. Congrats!!!!!
      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Congratulations Clipper! I applied and was accepted to Lewis & Clark too! I visited there in December and really liked the school. It's so beautiful how they've built it right into the park and surrounding woods. I applied to several schools in California too, and am leaning towards staying here (provided I get into a school that's right for me), but anything is possible; I really miss Oregon.

I don't know what direction I'm going to go either. Environmental, Intellectual Property, Public Interest, there are so many interesting avenues. University of San Diego (where I applied too, still no decision letter) also has a night program, which is appealing for all the reasons you mention.

Good luck! I'll keep you updated on where I end up...

Comment

That is great! Congrats to you
          www.cawvsports.org
          The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
          We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

Good on you Clipper. I've always wanted to go to law school. I have a BS, but always thought I could make a good attorney - and it's very interesting to me.

But the costs have prohibited me from applying. And I'm recently retired - so I guess I'm headed the wrong direction

But I'm glad for you Clipper
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats for getting into lawschool!! Now turn around and run away, REALLY REALLY FAST. Just kidding.

Like others have said, I would suggest trying it part-time. I decided to be a hero and start off with full-time studies and it was way too intense. I didn't have time for anything else, and as much as that's the life of a lawstudent, it's crucial that you have other things going on outside of lawschool to keep you sane.

I had to sacrifice my sports the first year and paid big time. Not only is it beneficial for you to maintain other aspects of your life during these next couple of years simply because it's good for both your physical and mental health, but I find I connect more with firms I visit at wine and cheeses when I bring up what I do outside of lawschool. They'll be looking for some well-rounded individuals, so be true to you.

Comment

very cool!
                Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Congrats Clipper way to go
                  Be always determined in Life and Love

Comment

Originally posted by john smith
                    I can see the shingle now:

Clipper, Kiran, Ozymandias, Smith, & Associates, LLC

John

Sounds good John but you would want to have an LLP

JimmyMack
                    JimmyMack
                    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
                    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

Very cool, Clipper!

Congrats. What you've accomplished so far, which you will undoubtedly continue to do in this latest adventure, is really something to admire.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by zillazangel
                        and Spanos.
                        Good to see somebody's looking out for me! Congratulations Clipper - awesome news.

Chris.
                        Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

So, how is school?

I just took the LSAT on 9/29, now it's time for me to apply.
                          I'm in the same boat you are, Clipper. I'll be 37 my first year of law school. That means I'll be 40 when I graduate!!!

Oh well, life goes on with or without you.

good luck!
                          scott
                          Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Comment

Hi Scott.

School is wonderful - it's everything I hoped it would be and more. Law school is EXTREMELY demanding on your body and your mind. I feel like I could study 24/7 and still not be fully prepared. In response to your question in the other thread, here is my basic routine:

Caregiver helps with shower/dressing in the morning
                            Study until 4 p.m.
                            Eat dinner, relax until 5 p.m. when I leave for school
                            Class from 6-8:30 p.m.
                            Study from 9-11 p.m.
                            Caregiver assists me into bed at about 11:30 p.m.

First-year students have Wednesdays off at my school, so I study much of the day/evening. On days that I work, I study for just a couple hours in the afternoon. On weekends, I generally build in some time away from the books on Saturdays but study much of the day on Sunday. I'm fully self-sufficient when at school. Some things to consider:

How you will take notes in class (computer, by hand, notetaker, record)
                            How you will take notes when reading/studying
                            How you will carry your massively heavy law books

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

Hi Clipper;

I am glad to hear Law School is all you had hoped. Which courses are you taking?

John
                              "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

Can you buy those books on disk, I wonder?
                                Blog:
                                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Working...
                                X