No announcement yet.

High Tech driving/mobility mods & Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I checked with the insurance agent. She sells policies for most ins companies. If the vehicle was modified at the time it was built the vin number will show mods. If done after they need to be listed with the insurance company. They will not normally say this is a separate coverage but is included in accessing the value.mods need to be listed in order to cover them.

Comment

I have a 2012 Dodge minivan 1,100 a year and a old 1995 van both with full coverage here in Michigan plus a 2003 s10 pickup. The vans are suppose to have full coverage with all the mods. The 2012 van came with all the handicap stuff on it by the vin number. They are suppose to be covered but it does not say so on the Declaration policy. I called my agent and he says it on there but I said I can't find it on there. But he said its on there. He said its on there in another section but I can't find it. He said it only added up to about a 100 dollars more a year for each van. All I see is there is a different number on the Declaration page so I take his word for it. Never Know till something happens. Should take most of the stuff off the 1995 van since its so old and if you look what they sell for from others with same stuff on mine lucky I get 5,000 for it with only 27,000 miles on it. Age kills the price. They will only give you whats its worth. They not gonna buy you a new van when yours is 6 years old. Just ACV is all.
      Art

Comment

What year was you van lady. You said you paid 5500 plus a new ramp and tranny so you should have broke just about even then. Problem is trying to find one for 12k that does not have a zillion miles on it. I look at what dealers and what they sell for on craig list. What I see a van with 30,000 to 50,000 miles goes for about 40 grand. And they are 4 to 5 years old. I have seen low miles on some that are around 20 to 25k with rebuilt title. Insurace companies junk these vans with little damage on them from what I have seen and have test drove a few and had them put them on the lift to take a look myself. I always find a few hack jobs under them but nothing that can't be fixed cheap. They do come with a warranty for drive line for like 20 to 30 k miles. Don't know there if its any real good though. The one had everything I needed to drive for 25k. Only thing I found on the lift underneath was a broken exhaust pipe before the converter. The part that bolts to the heads then come together just about 6 inches before converter and had a cheap 3 inch clamp on it. I could still hear it when I drove it and it did have rattles in the van. Even my new vans has rattles to. With that much work done to a van you are gonna get rattles though.I just turn up the radio is all. sometimes worse that others and in different areas. Almost bought that 25k van with only 10,000 miles on it just couldn't do it. Would have made a nice spare van though.
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X