Property Taxes & Quadriplegic's in PA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Taxes & Quadriplegic's in PA!

As a Quadriplegic I have lived with either parent for 23 years. I would like to independently move into a house or apartment in Delaware Co. Pennsylvania. But I don't think I can pay all the bills that are needed for the up keep. Like Taxes, Electricity & Heating etc.. In Florida and a few other States they created a Quadriplegic property tax law. Below is the property tax exemption for quadriplegics by the State of Florida.

Exemption for Totally and Permanently Disabled Persons,

1.Real estate used and owned as a homestead by a quadriplegic, less any portion used for commercial purposes, is exempt from taxation.
    http://www.myflorida.com/dor/property/exemptions.html
    https://floridarevenue.com/property/Documents/dr416.pdf
    It would be great if we could get the Laws changed in PA & every state . Please spread the word! Quadriplegic's need the freedom to live where they want.

Who could I contact in PA that could move this foward? I already wrote Letters to Spector & Co.
    Last edited by Norm; 22 Jul 2020, 1:19 PM.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Hey Norm,
    Contact local representatives.
    Nick Micozzie is a representative in Clifton Heights that truly helps people. His assistant Catherine can probably get you some phone numbers, etc.
    His rep office number is 610-623-4433.
    Cathy

Comment

Hey Cathy, ThanxI just sent him an email.

nmico@aol.com
      "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

I just found out there is a future bill heading to the PA senate floor on this issue but for all disabled not just quads. Its time to hammer everyone in the PA gov't.

"There is a provision in law providing for a partial property tax rebate for disabled persons. There is also a bill to increase that rebate. We will keep your concerns in mind when these bills reach the senate floor for consideration."
        Last edited by Norm; 20 Oct 2005, 5:12 PM.

Comment

Senate Bill #793

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...B0793P0986.HTM

Comment

I wonder if Senate Bill #793 passed?

Comment

You didn't attend a hearing or send written testimony in favor of the bill? Boo hiss!

Now google up your state assembly's web site and look for former year's bills or a department like Legislative Services and call and ask them. It's their job to look this stuff up and they are non-partisan.
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Sue,
                Do you know if Maryland has something like this?

Comment

I know in Wash. State they will give a brake to disabled, but still had to be below a certian income, but it was a temporary brake, it still had to be paid, a tax lein is put against the house. The taxes are eventually all paid, upon sale of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by wang View Post
                    Sue,
                    Do you know if Maryland has something like this?
                    I looked years ago and never found any kind of property tax discounts or reason where they would waive them. None of the states with write offs advertize them though. Might be worth checking the state and county property laws again.
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I'm going after this again. Now where do I start? I might be forced to move out of my house at some future point because I can't afford my Property Taxes. This should be taken up by the SCI community & organizations.

Comment

Quadriplegic - Real estate used and owned as a homestead by a quadriplegic is totally exempt from ad valorem taxes. No income limit is required. Please submit Physician Certification from two licensed Florida physicians. ... For total exemption, Proof of Gross Income also is required.
                        "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Comment

https://www.kin.com/blog/florida-homestead-exemption

Comment

You also might want to check out how much they pay for homeowners insurance because of hurricanes it's quite expensive down here!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              You also might want to check out how much they pay for homeowners insurance because of hurricanes it's quite expensive down here!
                              I know the last year I was there 2006 it cost me $6000 for one year. I have no clue what it is now.

Comment

Working...
                              X