CAHIIM Billing and Coding course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAHIIM Billing and Coding course

Hello all. I am trying to find a Medical Billing and Coding course that has CAHIIM Accreditation....that doesn't cost tens of thousands of dollars OR a grant that would help me pay a significant portion of the tuition. I think it is ridiculous to go in to debt to get an education. I know that is how it has been done for a long time...but it's so wrong and I already am paying off a huge debt to SSA(that's another story) and can't take on another large bill like that. I am already working in a retail position but I have needed to change my career path for YEARS now and I think this course is what I need to do. I feel good about it. Please...if anyone has any info I would appreciate it. Thank you

Since you are in CA, you may want to do a community college based associate degree program that can be done on-line. An associate degree would be the minimum requirement. Here are some accredited community college-based programs, which include Santa Barbara Community College, San Diego Mesa College, City College of San Francisco and others listed here:

https://www.cahiim.org/programs/program-directory

If you have a SCI, you should also be able to get CA DOR to pay for your tuition, books, etc. for such a degree. Do you have an account and plan set up with DOR?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you for the information^^^. I will look in to those options

Comment

Working...
      X