Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contact tracing certificate possibly income job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact tracing certificate possibly income job?

I ran across this in a news article and started taking the course it was free. Maybe it’s possible to get a job with this? I thought I would provide a link in case anybody was interested.
    https://www.coursera.org/learn/covid...he-basic-steps

I am imagining an Army of Sci people tackling this contact tracing issue.

Comment

Keep us updated about how this works out. In my area they are actively recruiting and training contact tracers, and it appears that it is being done almost exclusively by telephone and on-line communication with the person diagnosed and their contacts.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Just saw something on line that said something about 'the volunteers will trace.....'; this really sucks if it is not a paid position.

Comment

These are paid positions in my state. I think "volunteering" is for the purpose of out of work or retired health care workers, but would still be for a paid position.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            These are paid positions in my state. I think "volunteering" is for the purpose of out of work or retired health care workers, but would still be for a paid position.

(KLD)
            I see no job listings in my area. I sent an email to the cook county health department. See what they say. Finished the course and got my certification.

Comment

Response from cook county on my email this morning.
              CCDPH will be hiring about 200 to 400 contact tracers starting at the end of May. We do
              not know yet how jobs will be posted. We will be more than doubling the number of
              people that will be working for the agency, and it will take us time to finalize our hiring
              process. Please check back with us in 2-3 weeks for information about where to find jobs.

Comment

Sorry Cook County is behind the trends in this. In my county in CA, hiring is ongoing, and training has been turning out classes of 70 contact tracers 1-2X/week for several weeks now.

(KLD)

Comment

• cementhead
                  cementhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I called my local county. 129000 residents. No plans. No info.
              Working...
              X