Question for employed SCIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    I go after work because I don't want to get up at 5am.

I get up at 6am do my routine, gets me to work by 9:30am

Comment

I work different shifts, hours and to find consistency took quite a bit of brainstorming. Currently on evening shift, so I go in the mornings (830). When working Night shift, I go at 1800 - leave at 2030 and work from 2200 - 0600. During Day shift, go in the evenings, and get to bed by 2230. I get up at 0500 to get to work by 0700. Day shift is roughest, because I dont sleep very well at night, and as soon as my sleep med wears off (usually 4-5 hours), my legs are up and jumping, even though I do not want to be!

Comment

I'd cultivate the Elvis look.
        "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
        T5/6 complete

Comment

New question:
          How do you handle bowel accidents at work? Statistically they happen.
          I can only imagine rolling at top speed for the car to gtf out of there...
          T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

No idea how you guys go without taking a dump every day. I'd be an excess tone/spastic neuro pain mess. Re "programs", I think they are fascinating theories, but I've found not jamming a laxative up your ass and hoping it actually stops working at some point is way too unpredictable. If you are high enough to still have spinal cord reflexes...just use a 'reflexive' taking a dump method. Stop pooping when you stop, and go whenever you find it necessary. Works just like nature intended, sort of.

Re dumps at work...if you hear gurgling, tone issues, pain...there's your cue that you probably ate something that wants to power exit. Don't bend down...make your way out. So far my sphincter seems to be locked down even with an explosive mess lurking.

Comment

Yeah, pooping without some sort of assistance - bullet, finger, enema - don't work too well and my T3 complete toilet transfer is ugly plus cleaning up in a stall at the office isn't going to go well.
              The few times I've had accidents there was no grumbling gut, no gurgling, just did a push-up to do pressure relief or transfer and heard a fart that wasn't a fart. I have zero sensation of needing to crap other than neuropathic (not real) sensations that sometimes feel like I'm actually taking a crap. Likewise I often feel like I have to pee urgently right after a 500 mL cath. So nothing I "sense" can be trusted in any way.
              T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Jimmay, It must be screaming dark in Thunder bay at 5am.

Comment

Working...
                X