Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a coffee cart made out of a horse box

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Getting a coffee cart made out of a horse box

    I have always wanted to be a barista but I'm guessing my wheelchair is going to be a major barrier.

    So my next thought was converting a horse box into a coffee cart. Is this realistic? Dad's like wait until you get plans drawn up and I'm like the rules and regulations in my wheelchair will be different NZ 10 years

    #2
    Originally posted by cyfskid View Post
    I have always wanted to be a barista but I'm guessing my wheelchair is going to be a major barrier.

    So my next thought was converting a horse box into a coffee cart. Is this realistic? Dad's like wait until you get plans drawn up and I'm like the rules and regulations in my wheelchair will be different NZ 10 years


    ok I have been around horses my whole life what is a horse box?

    Comment


      #3
      I wanted to this one so badly!!! Do something enjoyable after more than a decade at 911.

      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

      T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by vjls View Post
        ok I have been around horses my whole life what is a horse box?
        I think he means what we would call in the States a horse trailer.

        (KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, it is absolutely doable. Once upon a time I saw a youtube video of a guy who was living out of his volkswagen bus which he'd also converted into a mobile coffee shop.

          Comment


            #6
            While less helpful with the nitty gritty details of how to do what you want to do, it demonstrates how little space is actually needed.



            Also, just google "coffee truck" or "mobile coffee shop" and you'll find tons of examples. I think this is a brilliant idea. If you've got the money to build one to your specifications, the entrepreneurial spirit and a reasonable expectation of financial success I say you go for it.

            Small businesses are inherently risky, but even if you fail you will learn so much that will be valuable for your next venture!

            Comment


              #7
              In SF people make big bucks off of food trucks. Outside my office there is a Chia tea cart on the sidewalk by the BART exit that seems to do well and could be operated by someone in a wheelchair. My guess is that finding a good location (and in Kalifornia the associated permits) and you could make excellent money.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                In SF people make big bucks off of food trucks. Outside my office there is a Chia tea cart on the sidewalk by the BART exit that seems to do well and could be operated by someone in a wheelchair. My guess is that finding a good location (and in Kalifornia the associated permits) and you could make excellent money.
                I agree with this and think it's a super idea. I wanted to do a food truck once upon a time, but i found myself another gig.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by vjls View Post
                  ok I have been around horses my whole life what is a horse box?
                  http://nathantrailers.com.au/horse-f...e-horse-float/

                  Originally posted by funklab View Post
                  While less helpful with the nitty gritty details of how to do what you want to do, it demonstrates how little space is actually needed.



                  Also, just google "coffee truck" or "mobile coffee shop" and you'll find tons of examples. I think this is a brilliant idea. If you've got the money to build one to your specifications, the entrepreneurial spirit and a reasonable expectation of financial success I say you go for it.

                  Small businesses are inherently risky, but even if you fail you will learn so much that will be valuable for your next venture!

                  I love this guys attitude

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Got into a cafe skills program today, so at the moment I'm shelving the though coffee cart idea, but it will definitely be in back of my head

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Do it. Where I live, Austin Tx USA, food trucks/trailers are everywhere. We have over 1,500 in town. Over the years many have morphed into hugely successful brick and mortar restaurants. Others have become successful while remaining in the mobile mode. If you love what you do, offer a good product and work hard, you'll do well.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Has anyone done a wheelchair accessible coffee truck?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by cyfskid View Post
                          Has anyone done a wheelchair accessible coffee truck?
                          Check out this accessible food truck in Canada:

                          http://globalnews.ca/news/2023403/ch...le-food-truck/

                          https://nowtoronto.com/food-and-drin...-s-holy-grill/

                          http://www.newmobility.com/2015/08/c...z-august-2015/


                          Here is one being built in Los Angeles: http://abc7.com/news/la-food-truck-w...rkers/1390579/

                          (KLD)
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I love coffee! Yes! I love it! My goal is/was, a mobile art and conversation gallery. By next year I will have what I call a curatorial studio. Maybe the coffee trucks and art gallery should have a festival! Good Luck!
                            Non-traumatic SCI. Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thanks I will add these to evident I'm taking to our version of social security. Because I'm asking for their help with costs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X