Stock Market looming gloom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Market looming gloom

It came and it went. It was an awesome day for sailing as the winds picked up. Was a bad day for water skiing ....
    We had lots of people to show up.
    Hope some here made it and if you did, I hope you enjoyed it.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Stock Market looming gloom

With the OPEC waging a price war on oil, price per barrel on a record low, where do you see the stock market heading?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
      With the OPEC waging a price war on oil, price per barrel on a record low, where do you see the stock market heading?
      According some source I can't recall the drop in oil prices is going to give the average american 3K more to spend on stuff other than oil this year. So I would be slightly bearish on the Energy sector and bullish on consumer goods, housing and car companies. Overall the market is at a historic high if you look at its valuation compared to corporate earnings so I would expect the overall market (say if you invested in the SPY or QQQ type ETFs) to be flat to down a little.

All in all oil = 80 dollars a barrel is a lot better for our economy than oil at 200 dollars a barrel.

Comment

I predict it will go up or down, then possibly move sideways for from 1 day to 5 years, and then it will go up or down again.

Buy low, and sell high.
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Working...
        X