Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Care & Work Anyone Use Medicaid Buy-In??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Care & Work Anyone Use Medicaid Buy-In??

I was curious if anyone with SCI could tell me about their experiences if they use or have used the Medicaid Buy-In program while working? Any good or bad experiences?

Basically if I'm going to have any hope of working I'll need the Medicaid Buy-In program since I need assistance with getting dressed, transfers., etc, etc. I'm going to apply to a full time civil service job with New York State...however the fact that I don't drive & will have to find a driver or use public transport may make working tough. Still...working should be worth it since it fills one's day & gets us out of the house. I'm going stir crazy being home every day...

C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Kyle talk o SSA or your VR counselor about Ticket to Work which should allow you to work and keep Medicaid/Medicare PCA services etc to allow you to have support needed to work.

Comment

Any "quads" working & using Medicaid Buy-In?

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

I'm worried if I could go for being home each day, not working...to working full time at a state job. I have bad chronic pain but getting out every day may give me a distraction. I just don't want to spend the rest of my "working years" on disability.

Any others quads with upper-level injuries work, not working or want to work?

Comment

Working...
        X