Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you buy Apple?

At all? Today? Next week?

Just 2 months ago analysts were screaming it was the opportunity of a generation to get in at 500-550. I imagine they'll talk up the price again so they can draw in more suckers while they sell their positions. IMO, Apple is a trading stock at any price over 350.

Comment

Thanks Patton, I'm clueless about these things. What does it mean to be a "trading stock?"

Comment

I heard that Apple is trading low until it puts out new product.
        Does it even have any toys due out soon?

Comment

I thought Apple TV is due out this year, although I could swear I saw that already on Amazon...?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            I thought Apple TV is due out this year, although I could swear I saw that already on Amazon...?
            You have seen "Apple TV," but it is an HD receiver (pictured below). The "Apple TV" that is being rumored now will be a a high definition television like a Sony or Samsung etc. It is supposed to be able to fully integrate with your Apple computer systems.

All the best,
            GJ

Comment

Thanks Patton, I'm clueless about these things. What does it mean to be a "trading stock?"
              I used this term somewhat loosely here. A trading stock is essentially one that you don't plan to hold for very long. You intend to trade it at an opportune time in the near future.

When the analysts were screaming buy 2 months ago when it was 500-550, the concensus was that it would get up to 600 within a month (which it did) drop 10-15% and then shoot to 700ish in the near future. Now it is down 25%. The trade here was to get in at 500-550, 2 months ago, ride it to 600ish and then dump it.

To me it makes some sense to own this stock at 350 or below (at least for a little while).

Comment

I threw in some gambling money onto a proxy for aapl after earnings and the fun that resulted in (calls on qqq). Up some 20% overnight, probably will bail sometime next week after the greed gets satisfied.

Actually buying the stock? I cant trade against a computer algo well, so no deal for me. I just park excess cash into PM's so I'm not holding toilet paper as 'wealth'

Speaking of trading...how about NFLX...talk about a monumental short squeeze, lol. Ahh to have a crystal ball to be able to jump on that one

Comment

I've been thinking this stock was done for awhile now. No I didn't short it. I blew it. Unless this company comes out with a special tv or something. This stock is going to be dead money much like microsoft been.
                  Andy, I would hope for a rumor to pop this thing and get out. The stock is cheap but it's way over own.

Comment

Andy and Rainman, you speak a language I never learned. Have you any translation you think would matter to a neophyte?

Comment

Andy and Rainman, you speak a language I never learned. Have you any translation you think would matter to a neophyte?
                      Here you go Randy.......

http://www.firstrade.com/content/en-...y?&letter=s#ss

Comment

I think there are better choices. I still think financials are good. I bought BAC at 5.50. Also MTW has had a great run. I missed JDSU but still think it has some legs. I have some aggressive plays like THLD and AMRN.
                        I rather play more companies than spending 500.oo per share.

Comment

I think the problem is that the perception is now that the stock is a dog and everybody wants to own winners so if anything people are selling that is the trend. The company makes good money and has good sales but that is not good enough. Same thing happened with CSCO and MSFT. Best putting your money other places.
                          "Life is about how you
                          respond to not only the
                          challenges you're dealt but
                          the challenges you seek...If
                          you have no goals, no
                          mountains to climb, your
                          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by TheRainman View Post
                            I've been thinking this stock was done for awhile now. No I didn't short it. I blew it. Unless this company comes out with a special tv or something. This stock is going to be dead money much like microsoft been.
                            Andy, I would hope for a rumor to pop this thing and get out. The stock is cheap but it's way over own.
                            I'm just looking at the correlation of NDX vs SPX on this one, and how printing money lifts all boats. There's an offset there, and I think NDX will rise to match the rest, at least short term. There is that spectre of all time highs again...minus the employment and economics to match...but I think I'll squeak out of it.

QQQ $67 Feb 16 calls @ .65

Comment

Not really. There's are different styles of investing in stocks. And you need to fine your comfort area. I fine that high growth and trends have worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X