Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inventions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Inventions?

    Alright I know there is more than one person on here who has came up with an invention. It seems like everyday I come up with a million things that would make life alot easier and even more that would make life a little back to" normal ". So the the thing is I was hurt in a dirtbike accident so there is no $ in law suits or anything like that. Also as we all know dissability is barely enough to make it by. So with little or no money has there been anyone of you guys who has had success with an invention idea ?

    #2
    i would suggest getting in contact with a local Patent / Inventor organizations because they can offer the most help for free. these organizations are not the ones advertised on tv, those are only after $$$.

    if your low on funds then your road is much harder. less than 2% of patents are profitable and over 90% of those are owned / assigned to large corp. so you need to be smart with the money you have to invest.

    your idea may be a solution to a problem that has grants set aside for such a solution. the federal govt has funds available to individuals in many of its depts in the form of Phase I and Phase II grants but the key is knowing how to find them and properly fill out the grant.

    Tampa Bay Inventors Council -- Non-Disclusure / Cofidentiality forms to print.
    http://tbic.us/Helpful_Forms.html

    Patent Pending in 24 Hrs -- book on writing provisional patents
    www.nolo.com

    United Inventors Association
    http://www.uiausa.org/

    Comment


      #3
      there are those who achieve monetary success with their idea within the first year or two but most take longer.

      time = money

      the more money the faster to market

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Rick c5 c6 quad View Post
        i would suggest getting in contact with a local Patent / Inventor organizations because they can offer the most help for free. these organizations are not the ones advertised on tv, those are only after $$$.

        if your low on funds then your road is much harder. less than 2% of patents are profitable and over 90% of those are owned / assigned to large corp. so you need to be smart with the money you have to invest.

        your idea may be a solution to a problem that has grants set aside for such a solution. the federal govt has funds available to individuals in many of its depts in the form of Phase I and Phase II grants but the key is knowing how to find them and properly fill out the grant.

        Tampa Bay Inventors Council -- Non-Disclusure / Cofidentiality forms to print.
        http://tbic.us/Helpful_Forms.html

        Patent Pending in 24 Hrs -- book on writing provisional patents
        www.nolo.com

        United Inventors Association
        http://www.uiausa.org/


        thanks for the advice I will be looking into these things

        Comment


          #5
          Check out quirky.com, I just saw a clip about it on cnn.
          I'm inventing things (in my head) on a daily basis myself. I'm thinking about saving money to buy a 3D printer so I can actually create my thoughts.

          Comment


            #6
            3D printer

            Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
            Check out quirky.com, I just saw a clip about it on cnn.
            I'm inventing things (in my head) on a daily basis myself. I'm thinking about saving money to buy a 3D printer so I can actually create my thoughts.
            Scott: Just seen a 3D printer video the other day OMG where have I been I had no idea they existed way cool a tool company uses one to make prototypes I want one.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by fromnwmont View Post
              Scott: Just seen a 3D printer video the other day OMG where have I been I had no idea they existed way cool a tool company uses one to make prototypes I want one.
              I posted a thread a while back about how they're being used to make orthotics, it's amazing.
              I thought this video was pretty cool, it highlights the new trend of using 3d printers in the Orthotic field-

              "2yr old Emma had a condition called arthrogryposis, which meant she couldn't move her arms. So researchers at a Delaware hospital 3D printed a durable custom exoskeleton with the tiny, lightweight parts she needed"

              http://www.notcot.org/post/49406/
              An administrator made me remove my signature.

              Comment


                #8
                I keep getting emails from the Mötley Fool about how 3D printers are the next trillion dollar industry.
                2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Anyone who is interested in doing the 3D printers should probably start by learning a 3D CAD program. There are some free ones out there, I am not sure if SketchUp would work or not.
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    allenstevens,

                    Regarding:

                    ... seems like everyday I come up with a million things that would make life alot easier ...
                    If you do not mind forgoing the potential intellectual property rights lost by disclosing the portion(s) of the idea needed to attract investors, websites like Kickstarter offer a convenient venue for folks who seek to make a few bucks by commercially launching their products. Note that in order to be successful via Kickstarter and similar sites, you will need to present a good plan for delivering the product that you propose.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Just getting a patent is quite expensive.... $600+ to apply...another $800+ if approved..
                      - Rolling Thru Life -

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X