Universities and ADA violations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universities and ADA violations

Has anyone here had any experience with filing official complaints with the DOJ? I've had a variety of circumstances that warrant attention and I would really appreciate anyone's previous experience.

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Has anyone here had any experience with filing official complaints with the DOJ? I've had a variety of circumstances that warrant attention and I would really appreciate anyone's previous experience.
    Is it a state school or private?

Comment

Private

Comment

Is there a disabled services office or department at your university? That would be the first place to start. Do you have records of complaints filed with the university? These will be important to be able to document if you go the DOJ route.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

My son was emailed last week that he can not have a disabled room if he rooms with his AB friend. They will be getting a call next week as we were told by disabilities office that he could. They both were told the same thing.

Comment

Talked to housing today. All their dorms are connected to the classes. All the bathrooms are accessebile. The only difference with this dorm is it is further to roll in his chair. The class Ezra roomate took is a lving learning class for 9 wks . he has to actually live in the same dorms as the rest of the class. If this room does not work for them they only need to contact housing and they will move them closer. I did explain that I was more concerned than Ezra and she stated that his response was that it was ok it was farther. Everyone needs more exercise.
            He keeps up on his positive attitude. I am glad I called as all my quest and concerns were answered.

Comment

Working...
            X