Ssdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssdi

Hi all, when I was injured at the age of 19, I began receiving SSDI under a retired parent's benefit. I have since returned to work, and as long as healthy, hope to do so for another 15 years, when I am 50 or so. My question is, if/when I retire due to disability, and qualify again for SSDI, will the amount I receive be based on only my work earnings, or will it build off of the benefit I previously received?

best to contact SS office and ask, people in here give all kinds of advice/information and not always correct.

Comment

Same could be said for the peeps at the SS office.
      Originally posted by jschism View Post
      best to contact SS office and ask, people in here give all kinds of advice/information and not always correct.
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
        Hi all, when I was injured at the age of 19, I began receiving SSDI under a retired parent's benefit. I have since returned to work, and as long as healthy, hope to do so for another 15 years, when I am 50 or so. My question is, if/when I retire due to disability, and qualify again for SSDI, will the amount I receive be based on only my work earnings, or will it build off of the benefit I previously received?

I did the same thing you are doing and mine is now based on my own earnings record which is much better than what I made at 19.
        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X