Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Haines on CNBC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mark Haines on CNBC

    For those of us who follow the the stock and money markets on CNBC....
    Rest In Peace, Mark Haines. You were a consummate professional. You will be missed.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/bu.../26haines.html

    All the best,
    GJ

    #2
    Originally posted by gjnl View Post
    For those of us who follow the the stock and money markets on CNBC....
    Rest In Peace, Mark Haines. You were a consummate professional. You will be missed.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/bu.../26haines.html

    All the best,
    GJ
    Yeah, it will be impossible to replace him.

    Comment


      #3
      Holy Shit! You'll be greatly missed. RIP Mark
      Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
      CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

      Comment


        #4
        Such a shame. At 65, he was still relatively young, too - no cause of death has been released, as far as I know. RIP.
        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

        Comment


          #5
          Has anyone heard if they're going to release a cause of death?

          Comment


            #6
            As far as I know, no cause of death has been released - and this has fueled quite a bit of speculation (especially on-line) as to the manner of death.
            MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
              Has anyone heard if they're going to release a cause of death?
              I haven't seen anything, but forums and blogs are filling the void with speculation about foul play, domestic violence, suicide. I understand the cause of death to many is a private matter, but if I were in a high profile family and if the death was from natural causes, I think I would want to release the information and stop the speculation.

              On Friday, many of the anchors on CNBC paid tribute to him by wearing Mark's traditional American flag tie that he wore every Friday in a salute to the troops.

              All the best,
              GJ

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                I understand the cause of death to many is a private matter, but if I were in a high profile family and if the death was from natural causes, I think I would want to release the information and stop the speculation.
                I agree, GJ. The oddest thing to me is that "cardiac arrest" would be the immediate cause of death, regardless of how he actually died (i.e., as a result of heart attack, suicide, foul play, etc.); so it makes no sense for even that generic pronouncement to be withheld. I am reminded of Tim Russert's and Joe Battapaglia's deaths, both of which were quickly attributed to non-specific cardiac events.
                MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

                Comment

                Working...
                X