Student Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Loans

I have about $4K in student loans from Citi bank and the only thing I can do is for them to be on forbearance but still accumulate I interest. I have not gone back to work and get $1100 SSDI and that doesn't even cover my expenses.

They did give me a form that my doctor coul sign and dismiss the loans but he wouldn't. It basically would be him saying I can't go back to work. Which I guess is untrue but you never know with all the pain and pressure sore issues etc. My doctor is in a chair so I'm not surprised he wouldnt do it. Any advice? Thanks

I would try another doctor. Or cut a deal with Citi and tell them you can only afford "x" amount of dollars a month. It is worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMonte View Post
      I would try another doctor. Or cut a deal with Citi and tell them you can only afford "x" amount of dollars a month. It is worth a shot.
      Yea I was gonna try to figure out another doctor and hope they will do it and go from there...thanks

Comment

I'd first ask yourself if you want to go back to work. $4k in student loans can be cleared pretty easily, and I'm not just saying that; my wife and I just paid off her $32k. Your problem isn't the loans, it's income. If your SSDI isn't covering expenses, you gotta make a change somehow anyway.

Comment

Yea I am just taking the 1st 2 yrs to try to recover what I can and then look to doing something diff at the end of Oct. It sucks that interest not stop and part of me once to try to get anything I can label as a positive from this nightmare.

Comment

I'm with you on that same problem. I have a bit more on my loans and gaining interest sucks. I'm coming up on two years here this May. I hope to get back to working so I don't have to worry about this anymore. I can only use forbearance for three years so I need to come up with something soon

Comment

Working...
            X