Update on Noah at Law School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Noah at Law School

My son, Noah Smith, will be going to Washington DC next week to present a paper he co-authored. The work derives from a law school clinic in Human Rights at the University of California, Berkeley. There, he is a 3rd year student.

Noah will graduate with his class this May. He has an internship with the EPA's regional office in San Francisco for the summer. Then, he must return in the fall to complete a few credits before taking the Bar Exam.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

mazel tov
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

AWESOME! You must be so proud of him!

Comment

Wonderful to hear that, John!

Comment

John, thanks for the update. Good luck to Noah on the Bar Exam! Mike
          T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

Comment

Brilliant John. Good to hear
            C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

It was great hearing from Noah by email before his trip. He lucked out with the rain and melting towers of snow.

How did the trip and presentations go? The paper was impressive!
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by john smith View Post
                My son, Noah Smith, will be going to Washington DC next week to present a paper he co-authored. The work derives from a law school clinic in Human Rights at the University of California, Berkeley. There, he is a 3rd year student.

Noah will graduate with his class this May. He has an internship with the EPA's regional office in San Francisco for the summer. Then, he must return in the fall to complete a few credits before taking the Bar Exam.

John
                thats great news, love to hear young kids doing good, you must be proud!
                We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

Good to hear. It is very uplifting to hear of such success and that he is following his dreams.

Comment

Very impressive! Good luck with Bar, Noah!

Pat

Comment

Congrats! San fran is a fun place, as long as you stay away from the hills
                      Injured:10-16-04
                      C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                      Blog:
                      http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                      Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                      Progress:
                      http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                      My drawings:
                      http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

Way to go!
                        I saw that Noah wasn't impressed with DC's accessibility (er, lack) this time around either.
                        Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Good for him, John.. My son is also SCI and is in sophomore year at the U of Illinois.. He is aspiring to go to law school after undergraduate studies.. This gives me hope...

Comment

Here are some photos from Noah's graduation from Law School.

He started a summer internship in San Francisco at the Environmental Protection Agency. He plans to take the Bar Exam next February.

I wrote about it here.

John
                            "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

Congrats to Noah for his achievement, and to you, Dad, for supporting him through this! Good luck to Noah on the bar exam...I think the initial pass rate in CA is about 50% but if he graduated at UC Berkley he is in good shape to be in the that 50% the first time.

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X