Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wearing A Suit Jacket In A Wheelchair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wearing A Suit Jacket In A Wheelchair

    I will soon be looking at jobs that require wearing a suit to work. On special occasions in the past I have worn a suit (including jacket) while in my motorized wheelchair and found that the jacket looks awkward because I am sitting. Does anyone have any advise on how I might be able to change how the jacket looks on me? Thanks.

    #2
    A good tailor can make the jacket fit your need.

    Comment


      #3
      I just bought a suit for my 20 year reunion.. damn I'm getting old. I got the ''athletic cut'' for the jacket and kept it as a long. It fits pretty good compared to the regular cut. When I stretch from one side to the other the arms get a little tight but that's going to happen no matter what. As long as I can steer my van I'm cool.





      Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

      If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

      Comment


        #4
        I agree with the tailor. I'm joining this thread to see if there are any other ideas.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by JAYCUE
          I agree with the tailor. I'm joining this thread to see if there are any other ideas.
          few pics here ...i love suits.....i am lucky no tailor needed after my injury 2002.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by adi chicago
            few pics here ...i love suits.....i am lucky no tailor needed after my injury 2002.
            No wheelchair in those pictures either
            C5/6 incomplete

            "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RehabRhino
              No wheelchair in those pictures either
              my recliner paul ...here is one in the w/c....

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by adi chicago
                my recliner paul ...here is one in the w/c....
                I have to admit you look better in a suit in a wheelchair than I did when I tried it
                C5/6 incomplete

                "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by RehabRhino
                  I have to admit you look better in a suit in a wheelchair than I did when I tried it
                  lol paul ...it is all about how many beers i have during 24 hrs...cheers

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by adi chicago
                    my recliner paul ...here is one in the w/c....
                    I like wearing a suit but screw my job it is not worth it but when I wear one I feel good , so I do sometimes. Adi I have never seen you outside?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Duct tape works great in a pinch! LOL Sometimes I'll fold the bottom under a little, and tape it to the inside of the coat. It keeps it looking A LOT nicer than trying to stuff all that material behind you w/o taping it up. I usually do this if I can't get it tailored or I know I'll have my coat buttoned most of the time.

                      Oh yea......use the black (gorilla?) tape, not the silver!! LOL

                      Dave
                      Dave

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I get my suit jackets shortened so they don't hang into my wheels.

                        Yo, Adi. That chair is from the last century. It won't get you any babes.
                        Maybe you can get a used lightweight wheelchair from the USA.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Herco16
                          Duct tape works great in a pinch! LOL Sometimes I'll fold the bottom under a little, and tape it to the inside of the coat. It keeps it looking A LOT nicer than trying to stuff all that material behind you w/o taping it up. I usually do this if I can't get it tailored or I know I'll have my coat buttoned most of the time.

                          Oh yea......use the black (gorilla?) tape, not the silver!! LOL

                          Dave
                          I have that stuff, good idea.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by adi chicago
                            few pics here ...i love suits.....i am lucky no tailor needed after my injury 2002.
                            I thought that LazyBoy was surgically attached to your butt and then I saw you in a wheelchair and outside ... congrats!
                            Last edited by wheelchairTITAN; 25 Sep 2008, 6:47 AM.

                            William

                            ... rolling since 1989
                            ...

                            BE NICE!It's free

                            P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

                            TWITTER: @MacBerry

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by adi chicago
                              my recliner paul ...here is one in the w/c....
                              u do look very nice Adi,..,..1st time i saw u w/out sunglasses
                              I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

                              walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X