No announcement yet.

any federal disabled employees

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    any federal disabled employees

    any federal disabled employees in here like me that is getting past over for promotions or past over for a higher paying job because of your disability ?

    Have you filed an EEO complaint? There has to be a process for this in your agency.

    We bend over backwards to hire PWD where I work, so I don't see it except occasionally with those who were already employed and them become disabled, and that varies by job and department.

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.



      Absolutely never!

      I have broken through the glass ceiling for my job description.

      I work for the NASA agency. NASA has been very very nice to me.

      "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."


        Have you said anything around the job about maybe taking an early disability retirement? The DoD has a requirement, or did, that you needed a bad job evaluation or 2 to be able to qualify for disability retirement. The SO went to bat for a guy who was having a real downhill slide for while because he was doing a great job and then going home and collapsing till the next morning. He left with no bad ratings and was later able to go back to a job with more flexibility after a change of meds and a lot of rest.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

        Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.