No announcement yet.

Financially independent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went from newly-injured, homeless, 19 yr-old college dropout to financially stable attorney in about 10 years.

Ain't life grand?!

Comment

Many thx for your replays. This in very encouraging and motivational.

Now I'm working from home trough internet and living with my parents.
      I'm very scared at trying to work at company office. Here I feel more secure.
      This signature left intentionally blank.

Comment

Get out into the workplace. Socialize and network face to face with professional peers. Work is so much more than "the work", and hiding at home will not get you advanced in your field like networking and working with groups can in the workplace. Your self confidence will increase (and your fear decrease if you confront it and deal with it).

(KLD)
        Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 25 Jun 2008, 9:41 PM.
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Cypresss, your in the EU and many companies throughout the EU are screaming for computer engineers...most especially in Germany. You have got to get over the fear factor, it´s going to do nothing but increase the chances that you stay poor in life. I know that is easier said than done, and it is especially harder in some areas of Europe than others, but your going to have to bust a move.
          "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Agreed with KLD. Get out into the workplace / workforce. Once you get a routine going you'll find it much better than working out of your home.

Yes, you can be financially independent. Many in this community are or are on their way. Disability is expensive, money helps. Not to mention the psychological / emotional and lifestyle improvements it will offer you.

I have a magnet on my refrigerator which says: "Do something every day that scares you". Little daily challenges, one step at a time, one bite at a time. That's the way you'll grow, especially battling sci.

Onward and upward Cypress, best of luck.
            Chris

Comment

Cypresss is being modest about his academic credentials -- he has earned a doctorate degree and from what I understand, he has an impressive CV and dossier. Good luck in whatever venture you choose to pursue, Cypresss. I've got faith that you will succeed, my friend.
              Daniel

Comment

Working...
              X