Media in the VA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media in the VA?

Does anyone know how to get approval for media to do an interview at the VA and how long it takes to get that approval?

I'd like to get some coverage for my wheelchair fitting when it arrives so that other vets would know about the option and the procedure. I would be the only patient in the room that needed to sign a consent form.

I've already got a tentative interest from the local TV, but they told me it's a lot easier if I initiate the approval request.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Office of Media for News Media

Please call 202-461-7600.

Don't know if this is what you want, but is place to start.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Each VA Medical Center has an Office of Public Affairs. The staff there must approve any such requests, and will accompany the crew doing any filming/recording to be sure they comply with VA rules on how this is done. It is imperitive that you work with them on anything like this. Call the hospital operator for the correct phone number for your VAMC.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give them a call and ask how long it takes. I'm just glad I knew about the fact that there was a restriction before time became an issue.
        Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Working...
        X