No announcement yet.

WhatShowerChairIsTheBestLighestEasiestToTransportB yAir&DoesVA BuyThem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, we're gonna try. We have to be in Chicago for the Abilities Expo on July 8th, so if we drive from Tucson we can go via Denver. We're doing a lot of traveling (thanks to my Go-Anywhere Chair :-] ) and I may be a bit pooped out after getting back to Tucson from Mexico, driving to and from LA in April and doing NY and NJ in May with another trip or two to Mexico in June. I'll decide in May and post it up at www.goesanywhere.com on the Events page. We'd love to be there (beats the hell outta Tucson in July)!

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

I for one have the NuProdux chair and LOVE it!
      It appears from the video that the GoMobility product needs a companion to assemble and carry.
      I can put my NuProdux chair on my lap when I travel and it only weighs 10lbs NOT 35lbs.
      So Rick, my ? for you is, how would a quad like myself be able to use your product BY MYSELF without the ASSistance of a caregiver which I do NOT have and likely never will need?
      thanks,
      kel

Comment

hi Kel.....let me start by saying that I hold the Nuprodx chairs in the highest esteem. They are fine products, built well, and I have the greatest respect for Bruce, whom I've met on many occasions.

That said, Nuprodx has been around a lot longer than GO! Mobility and has a more diverse product line. GO! currently focuses on three portable shower commode chairs as compared to the many more that Nuprodx offers. GO! Mobility markets more to individuals who are less independent than you, who typically travel with family or a PCA. We do not offer anything comparable to their 3000 which they advertise at 14 pounds and which can be easily carried in your lap.

If you compare products apple-to-apple, however, for example the Go-Anywhere Commode Shower 'n Tub Chair CST (tub slider) to its Nuprodx counterpart, the Multi-6000, or the Go-Anywhere CS to the Nuprodx 4000, then you will find products which are very comparable except for their prices. The shower chairs offered by Nuprodx that are comparable to our Go-Anywhere cannot be carried on your lap either.

As all of us having disabilities know, there are no two of us alike. We each have varying degrees of ability, disability and capability and there is no one magic commode shower chair. What works for you isn't necessarily gonna work for me. I'm happy that you are fortunate enough to be as independent as you are and that you will likely never require a PCA. There are lots of us, however, who are not and it is we who need chairs such as the ones GO! Mobility offers.
        Rick Goldstein
        GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

Rick,

You are absolutely correct when it comes to our individual needs being different. Like I said before, your product has merit, but not for an independent quad or para. When a para spends his money on your product because he doesn't even know about a chair like the 3000tx, well- that's where my problem with your constant sales barrage lies.

As a young para I probably would have looked at your product and said "WOW!- look at that!" Six months later I would see the 3000tx and say "wow.... I wish I had the money, but I bought this monstrosity six months ago." I think Nuprodx has you beat when it comes to the tx, that's all the experience I have between the products. Yes, that's my opinion, but..... its my opinion and as an end user for three years I think it carries some weight.

As a device for quads or those too week to transfer, your system is perfect. For those like Bob, its way over the top. We have enough predators trying to clean our wallets, we don't need another.

And seriously, that video would turn any independent 'legic away from your product. You may want to upgrade.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RAFS View Post
            KDL & Herco16,
            Thank you for recommending the Nuprodx 3000tx travel shower chair to me.
            I was at the VA today Thursday March 18, 2010 for an appointment & while I was there I went to the SCI PT Section & spoke to one of the therapists. She ordered the shower chair for travel for me that the both of you suggested I get. The therapists said it will be delivered directly to my house so I should have it long before I travel to Denver this coming July for my 1st time attending the National Veterans Wheelchair Games.

Thanks again to the both of you for your help. I'm looking forward to getting this portable shower chair for travel & I'm sure it will last me many years.

RAFS
            Bob S.
            Oldsmar, Fl
            Air Force 8/71 to 5/75

I have a cam am spyder and ride it everyday, I need a travel chair and want to be able to bring it with, I have to measure the trunk of my spyder to see I can fit one in there or under my wheelchair bracket. I am a veteran but was hurt in a motorcycle accident, would the VA pay for my chair if I went there? I am still going to the VA because of appeal.
            I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Comment

Originally posted by SethO View Post
              I have a cam am spyder and ride it everyday, I need a travel chair and want to be able to bring it with, I have to measure the trunk of my spyder to see I can fit one in there or under my wheelchair bracket. I am a veteran but was hurt in a motorcycle accident, would the VA pay for my chair if I went there? I am still going to the VA because of appeal.
              Bring your spyder by and I'll throw my chair in. Then of course I'd have to go for a ride, just to be sure. lol

Are you in the VA system yet, Seth? If not, it can be a long process to get in, but it is so worth it- the VA is terrific!

Dave
              Dave

Comment

SethO, if you have a honorable discharge from the service, and a SCI, you should be eligible for VA care, with at most a Category 4 eligibility.

There is now a new SCI center at the VA in Minneapolis, so I would encourage you to apply through your PVA NSO, get rated at Category 4, and start getting your care (at least your annual evaluations) there. You would then also be eligible for Prosthetics (DME) coverage. You may have a co-payment for some care (depending upon your income) but not for DME products.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Herco,

Now you've gone and done it! I can no longer contain myself although I am proud that I've been able to hold my tongue this long. I've had enough of your insults and name calling.

Either you're a Nuprodx shill or just a plain moron!!! For your sake I hope it's the former.

You have not only insulted me (again!), but now you've managed to insult the entire para community by implying that they are all so stupid as to not understand how to shop. I thought I'd never have to say this inside this room: We are physically-impaired, not mentally, unlike someone else around here!

Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), you (Para) haven't cornered the market on disability even though you may have cornered the market on insensitivity and ignorance. There are people out there with MS, MD, CP, stroke, ALS, spina bifida, and a plethora of other diseases and problems, not to mention the elderly, ALL of which pale the number of those with paraplegia and SCI in general.

Now besides your lessons in demography and class, I might point out that GO! Mobility has MANY very satisfied customers whom are paras and swear by their Go-Anywhere Chairs. Just because you don't need a Go-Anywhere Chair, doesn't mean that there are paras who don't. There are many paras with various complications such as blown-out shoulders who, in fact, need what we have to offer.

But I have carefully considered your point that we do not as of yet carry a simple, lightweight portable chair for paras comparable to the 3000x. Thank-you for bringing that to my attention. I called down to the shop this morning and issued instructions to my team to get one on the fast-track. Please check our website at www.GoesAnywhere.com in the coming weeks for our new model. I cannot yet quote a price, however, I am sure that, like for our other chairs, it will be extremely competitive.

r

PS: I look forward to receiving your next put-down; oh and don't forget to make yet another reference to our videos.
                  Rick Goldstein
                  GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

Personal attacks on this forum will NOT be tolerated. No one should be called ignorant, moron or other disrepectful names. Differences of opinion will be discussed like adults, not 10 year olds! If this continues, posts will be removed, the thread locked, and banning will be discussed by moderators and administrators.

Goldnucs, you are already treading on thin ice with your blatant commercial posts shilling for YOUR product. You open yourself up to criticism of your product and marketing methods while bending our rules, so you need to expect that will happen. Suck it up! Enough said.

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by goldnucs View Post
                      Herco,

Now you've gone and done it! I can no longer contain myself although I am proud that I've been able to hold my tongue this long. I've had enough of your insults and name calling.
                      "Now I've gone and done it"??? Was "pudding" too strong for you? Simmer down killa', Where did I call you names?

Either you're a Nuprodx shill or just a plain moron!!! For your sake I hope it's the former.

You have not only insulted me (again!), but now you've managed to insult the entire para community by implying that they are all so stupid as to not understand how to shop. I thought I'd never have to say this inside this room: We are physically-impaired, not mentally, unlike someone else around here!
                      I never said they don't know how to shop- the supply for gimp equipment is small and a newer para may be swayed to buy a product they don't need easier than an "experienced" one simply because they haven't seen anything better. I said its wrong of you to throw your product at paras and quads who can transfer well.

Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), you (Para) haven't cornered the market on disability even though you may have cornered the market on insensitivity and ignorance. There are people out there with MS, MD, CP, stroke, ALS, spina bifida, and a plethora of other diseases and problems, not to mention the elderly, ALL of which pale the number of those with paraplegia and SCI in general.
                      Um....... I think I addressed this more than once, in fact I pointed it out to you first. Remember when I said a good salesman recognizes the need of the end user, not the company's bottom line. Like I said before, your product has merit for those who travel with assistance or have something wrong where they're unable to transfer well. Please read the posts prior to flying off the handle.

Now besides your lessons in demography and class, I might point out that GO! Mobility has MANY very satisfied customers whom are paras and swear by their Go-Anywhere Chairs. Just because you don't need a Go-Anywhere Chair, doesn't mean that there are paras who don't. There are many paras with various complications such as blown-out shoulders who, in fact, need what we have to offer.
                      I never said there are para's who don't need your product. I'm going to beat a dead horse here, but I told you that para's who transfer well, do not need a product as large as yours.

But I have carefully considered your point that we do not as of yet carry a simple, lightweight portable chair for paras comparable to the 3000x. Thank-you for bringing that to my attention. I called down to the shop this morning and issued instructions to my team to get one on the fast-track. Please check our website at www.GoesAnywhere.com in the coming weeks for our new model. I cannot yet quote a price, however, I am sure that, like for our other chairs, it will be extremely competitive.

r

PS: I look forward to receiving your next put-down; oh and don't forget to make yet another reference to our videos.
                      Great. Competition is always a good thing-I look forward to the sales residuals.

I actually thought I was addressing you in a grown-up manner with fair and honest critiquing. Maybe it took you flying off the handle to do so, but looky there- you're going to build a better mouse-trap.

If I like it I might even buy one.

Dave

PS- It took you this long to heed my advice about the chair and start building something comparable to the 3000tx, don't dismiss my advice on the video too.
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                        SethO, if you have a honorable discharge from the service, and a SCI, you should be eligible for VA care, with at most a Category 4 eligibility.

There is now a new SCI center at the VA in Minneapolis, so I would encourage you to apply through your PVA NSO, get rated at Category 4, and start getting your care (at least your annual evaluations) there. You would then also be eligible for Prosthetics (DME) coverage. You may have a co-payment for some care (depending upon your income) but not for DME products.

(KLD)

I will check into this, I do not have a rep I work with but I will check into what I have to do,

thanks for the info

Bring your spyder by and I'll throw my chair in. Then of course I'd have to go for a ride, just to be sure. lol

Are you in the VA system yet, Seth? If not, it can be a long process to get in, but it is so worth it- the VA is terrific!

Dave

anytime you want to ride my spyder come up to MN and take it for a ride, you break you buy of course
                        I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Comment

Rick, I dig your design and your prices are very competitive.

I am prepared to make your chair the next one I buy when needed.

Question: Are hand rims an option?
                          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

We'll be here when ya need us bro....we can get the hand rims but they're pretty pricey. It's been awhile since I've checked but I recall something like $70/set...maybe it was even more....ridiculous. I'll recheck and let you know.

rick
                            Rick Goldstein
                            GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

My Nuprodx 3000tx Travel Commode/Shower Chair has Been Ordered

KLd,
                              I'm posting to let you know that the NUPROdx 3000tx Travel Commode/Shower chair has been ordered that I asked one of the SCI Therapists to order for me. The purchasing agent in SCI Prosthetics told me it will be delivered to me at my house in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for your help
                              picking out the best,lightest & easiest to transport when traveling by air some place.

RAFS
                              Air Force 8/71 to 5/75

Comment

Working...
                              X