Frustrated, need the right questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi RossUK, (lucky dog and Sue!)
    I am happy for you that your visit went well and that you have continued to improve over the last year. You are young and I hope that you will continue to improve. It's the same with my son.. the improvements are there but not as obvious so it is nice when they are pointed out. I don't know what impulse strength is either. But how do they know that it won't improve? Do you work out? Any physical therapy or strength training? (NO weight lifting!) My son could not do a sit up in September(in gym class) but the other night he did five. (he is angry about it says he used to be able to do 80... but that's for another thread!) I feel bad for you about football. I wouldn't want you to give up any hope. Just coincidence but my son has been asking us for boxing lessons for the last six months. There's a place by us that has a gym, trainers and boxing, so we are going to let him do it. I just think it so weird that that is what you decided too.
    Don't be so hard on yourself about the possible cause. It was that one time and it was a couple of weeks before your infarction. In my unprofessional opinion I don't think that was the cause. ( otherwise we would be hearing of alot more spinal infarcs related to use) You'll probably never know what actually caused it. I have a couple of guesses about my son but we'll never know for sure. I've stopped wondering about that as much these days and I just want him to continue to get better.
    The urodynamics study isn't pleasant but well worth it for all the info it will give you. Good Luck with all this.
    Luckydog, That's interesting about fes. I am going to look for info about it.
    I learn so much from others here. Thank you! Nancy

Comment

UK, I'm sorry but I believe you're stuck with your name. I'll double check but we've been getting a lot of requests lately.
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

That's okay it's only a name.

Comment

Erm I think I used completely the wrong term regarding impulse strength I mean like how quick I can move my legs not how strong they are.
          That FES machine sounds interesting I will inquire about it when I see the urologist.

Comment

Hi RossUK,

I had Urodynamics done a couple of years back, and as luckydog says, it's not fun, but the 'hardest' part (if you see what I mean) for me was that the nurse doing the test was very pretty...........it was a tad embarrassing at the end, but I guess she's seen it happen before

Ian

Comment

Haha mate that sounds quite embarassing! This illness has definitely taught me to be less embarassed about things though, not just about stuff like that but just in general. I guess it's one thing to be thankful for!
              I remember one incident soon after the spinal stroke when this girl I had a massive crush on visited me in hospital, she asked what the bag full of yellow stuff on the side of my bed was! That one still hurts a bit .

Comment

Working...
              X