No announcement yet.

Help needed from new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sue, I never asked about contrast dye. I am due to go for another in a couple of weeks and if nothing shows on this one then I am giving up and just getting on with life as it is getting be really annoyed !!!!!!
    Thanks
    Stu

Comment

Speo,
      i got a postinfectious myeloradiculitis on November 1997. I was left with a limited walking capability ( about 500 meters ) and a general weakness , but no other impairments . Starting from 2000 the situation started to decline steadily and now i am confined to a wheelchair ( not to speak of other ,even worst , problems ). MRI did not show any lesion to the spinal cord and was invariated till 2004 , when some contraction of the spinal cord started to show . However , elctromyography (EMG) and evoked potential (SEP,MEP) indicated always damage to the spinal cord ( the variations over the years were mild , they did not match the worsening of the situation ) .
      Hope this can be of some help. Good luck,
      Luciano

Comment

Thanks Boncialu, it is strange but I got the results from my MRI yesterday and low and behold there was nothing significant showing on the scans.
        I am a little fed up of it all now and getting a second opinion in Britain using the NHS system is complicated and could take up to a year !!!!.
        I am going to maybe use the information gleaned on these boards to show my doctor and then just leave it until my condition gets worse (or better ).
        Not sure what else I can do now, my work is suffering and I am going to have to go on long term sick leave, my family are all worried and I am just depressed.
        BUT......I will not let it get me down to much as there are many writing on these forums that are in a worse situation.
        Thanks
        Stu

Comment

Working...
        X