very frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton
    You might want to ask for a bone density test also. If your bones are in reasonable shae maybe some FES cycling exercise might help with a bit of the muslce atrophy. It can help your cardio and your frame of mind if nothing else. I'd also try to get a lot of time with an OT and see if you can learn new ways to do things with your hands.
    I was told almost a year ago that I have osteoarthritis (not sure if that's the correct spelling) in my hips, but I'm sure there are some excercises I could do if someone would show me some. As for my hands I try to do things to strengthen them as much as I can, but I've learned to always carry an extra set of clothes around with me when I go out because I'm always spilling things.

Originally posted by LaMemChose
    I had mild cerebral palsy prior to an incomplete SCI at C 6/7 in 1993. My SCI was not TM, but I hear what you are saying. We aren't lost causes because we've each had two major disses in this lifetime.
    My cousin keeps joking about how I'd be a good science experiment because I have Cerebral Palsy, Septo-Optic Dysplasia (Optic Nerve Hypoplasia) which caused me to blind since birth and causes problems with my thyroid gland, and now maybe tm. We figure if anything else is added on top of all that, everything will cancel itself out! lol.

Thanks for the encouragement Lookingup

Comment

Working...
    X