Surgery checkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgery checkin

Hi guys, just wanted to drop a quick note, surgery went well on Monday, 6 inch incision, ran into a random bone that was connected to the dura & some dead nervous tissue. Going home today, 5 days flat on my back is enuf!! Talk to y'all lata!

Brooke

Glad it went well hope you are back to reg activities soon...

Comment

Good to hear from you! And glad things went well, in spite of the bone and tissue issues. Hope your healing will be a quick, smooth process.
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Thanks y'all! For the first time in 7 years, I have NO sciatica, I'm a happy girl! So glad I went ahead & did it. Monday night was rough, as they had a hard time getting my pain manageable. My hubby actually went & threw a fit until they hooked up a pump as I was in tears & pain level was at a 9. Once they took me off the pump Tuesday, finally got a combo of oxycodone, Valium, morphine, torodol that worked awesome, was just frustrating finding that combo, but I have the oxy & Valium as Take home meds. So glad the docs worked to find that combo. Also got some antibiotics, UTI coming on from being catheterized for so long, blah! Lol

Comment

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Comment

I'm doing well, pain is subsiding at home, I really think I did the right thing. The only pain I have is my incision. It's such a relief to have that pain that's been there for 7years gone . I'm so glad to be home too.

Comment

Please keep us posted on your progress.

What's your schedule for DCing the pain meds?
              Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well!

Comment

Hi all, I am doing well, just one spot that is still in the healing stages & really sore walking bringing my strength back up. I have dc'd all the meds except for an occasional hydrocodone at night or in the morning, which was ok'd by doc. Hopefully the next two weeks I can work on getting even better & hope to go back to work by the end of the month.

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts & words, they are much appreciated.

Comment

Oh, such wonderful news!

Comment

Working...
                    X