My experience with Ampyra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with Ampyra

I normally eschew pharmaceuticals, but after reading some very positive reports, I thought I'd try. It was with great hope I took a pill at 10am & another at 10pm on Tue. Wed morning I awoke with HORRIBLE vertigo. I took no more pills. The vertigo continued through Thursday. It mildly remains today. I am considering trying again, in a few weeks, by taking only one pill a day. Any ideas or suggestions are gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
    "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates

Do you have MS?
    C4 incomplete April 26, 2009

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

David has been taking Ampyra since the end of May, hasn't walked in 4 1/2 years but 8 hours after taking the first pill was able to stand. He in now going to therapy 2 times a week and every limb is starting to move again, he is able to pull himself out of chair into a standing position and stand for about 1 1/2 minutes on his own. Just ordered him a rifton gait trainer, very very hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by maglito View Post
        Do you have MS?
        Yes; as my Profile states: "Multiple Sclerosis; diagnosed 1984."

Comment

I tried again. This time 1pill/day for 1wk, then 2pills/day for 2wks. No negative reaction! No positive result either... VERY DISAPPOINTING. I'll finish the bottle & keep praying for a miracle.

Comment

I'll pray for you to Goat...David is now standing for about 3 minutes at a time, at least once a day, transfers with our assistance to and from bed and chair.

Comment

Originally posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
              I'll pray for you to Goat...David is now standing for about 3 minutes at a time, at least once a day, transfers with our assistance to and from bed and chair.
              Thanks for the prayers. Your good news is FANTASTIC!!

Comment

I so so so hope it works for you. I am just amazed by Ampyra. I know it doesn't work for everyone but darn it, it should. I think alot of his problem now is he has lost so much muscle from lack of use over the last 4 1/2 years it will take time and a very long time to rebuild that.

Comment

That is wonderful!

Good luck Goat.

Comment

mawife. I saw an ms patient yesterday. She is taking Ampura and has experienced movement and stnading abilities she hadn't previously experienced. It's another brekthrough of science and stem cells therapy is coming that will further improvements for su all.

Thansk for the positive info.

keeping on

Comment

Keeping on - thank you for the positive info. I only wished it would work for everyone. I pray stem cell therapy is our next answer.

Comment

MSWIFE1, I tried to enter a friend. Let me know if it worked. There is so much news on ms, and spinal cord injuries, and satem cell therapy. It looks good for advanced treatments; don't know when and how. News like the effects of Ampyra is tantalizing in that these are new advancements. I can't help but think that reconnecting nerves is a matter of time. I can't help but think that the News in the not so distant future will show people with some advancement in walking and standing. I am an incomplete and had a devastating auto immune attack on my cord. I hope that one day I will be on the news showing off the ability to walk again.

Comment

I can't agree more, I only hope the funding is there to continue on with the progress. I will check my friend list shortly. I am trying to get David to sci-step in hopes that will help with his muscle rebuilding. I am so glad to have someone else to talk with about this and that is as excited about it as me. I can hear it in your tone, I hope and pray everyday that today is going to be the day.

Comment

How is it going Goat???

Comment

How is it going Goat???
                              Thanks so much for asking! In short: SSDD
                              I have no Rx coverage, so the IRA was raided to fund 2months of Ampyra. I was sooooo excited to begin! Finished the first bottle; I don't want to accept that it won't help - so I got a refill. Almost 1/2 finished with it... have noticed nothing - which SUCKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X