Woman down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman down!

The kittens are running around the house now, so we put up a child gate to keep them out of the kitchen. It's not that tall, but my foot caught on it & I went down yesterday. OUCH!
    Woke up after a few hours sleep last night & can hardly move, pain-r-us lives here today! I don't think anything's broke, and even if it were, I'd have to go to Seattle to the VA ER or pay big bucks to wait multiple hours in an ER here, so I'm not all that anxious to go. All & all, not a good start to summer.
    I know, I'm whining, sorry, but no one to talk to around here...
    Hope no one minds

ice.

Comment

Ibuprofen...and dogs. :-)
      Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Totally, but my landlord said no to dogs, so I'll have to go with cats. Hurts to sit, lay or stand too long, time to change position.
        later.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

sorry for your boo boos. I have dealt with many kittens in the house and it does slow you down. but they learn quick to stay out of the way of the wheelchair, and I never seriously injured any, just a few pinched toes and tails. Get well soon !

Comment

Take it easy, hope you mend quickly.

Comment

Thanks, all. I gave up & went to the ER when my neck got more stiff - I had repairs at C4 - 8 & got scared - they said my neck's ok, that I've got pinched nerves & L4,5 S1,2 are a little more 'off base' but nothing surgical yet, luckily. They did say that I appear to have had a syncopal episode, but I've got an appointment with the heart doc in 2 weeks, so we'll see what he says. Been having BP troubles of late - high to low's - so we'll see.

Comment

Still stiff & sore, BP was 158/92 this mornng. Buggers! Everytime the babies see or hear me, they come running! Those silly buggers! I almost went down again yesterday, just got dizzy. Ugh.

Comment

Hope you can get it all figured out. I know you really love those kittens, but be careful, don't want to hear of any more accidents! Take care.

Comment

Wow, Colleen, I just saw this. Sorry about your fall and all. Seems like pretty high BP isn't it?

I hope you find homes for all those kitties soon, how old are they? (No, I don't need one!)

Be careful, and take care.
                      get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

If you are dizzy and your BP is that high, you need to get that checked by your doctor. Ive been there and done that at the early age of 13. I was falling quite a bit and the headaches with high BP are horrible.

Take care of yourself.

I love love love baby kitties but I can't have any more animals here. Hopefully some good homes will present themselves soon.
                        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

The babies are 4 weeks old now, and 3 of 4 have started eating solids, part time.
                          I've got an appt with my cardiologist a week from tomorrow, I already take 2 meds for BP/vaso spasms & one for PSVT. Thanks for the kind words quadvet & dark. Oh well, such is life.

Comment

update -
                            bp is settling with increase of atenolol.
                            question -
                            is it still a "simple pinched nerve" in your elbow when your hand is still tingly & turning into a claw?
                            Last edited by Coleen; 06-30-2010, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Glad the BP is settling down!!! That did seem high
                              As far as your question, I would think that with symptoms like that it is something more then a "simple pinched nerve" . Is that what they told you??

Becky
                              T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
                              since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Comment

Working...
                              X