No announcement yet.

Woman down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, glad you finally got an appointment! Also glad they didn't do you like they did me years ago, when I was calling like that... after a while, I got a call from the SCI shrink and he was my only contact with the SCI Center I had for quite some time. Guess they thought I was nuts. I was a tad mad yeah, but not "going mad" lol. So be careful out there...

All the best with your appointment tomorrow.
    get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Thanks, Matt! T scheduler actually told me to do that, so she could try to get me in earlier, but that's darn good advice!

Comment

Your persistence paid off Coleen. It is terrible the wait is so long.

Comment

Thanks, Linda. My appointment is today. I wish I could get the EMG done sooner the same way, but there's only the one person doing them for two facilities, so...
          more later.

Comment

ok, so, the OT is going to push for me to get the EMG done ASAP, since this 'crap' has happened in a little less than a month. She stuck me in a brace from my armpit to just above my wrist, then added a wrist splint, too. Ugh! Stay tuned...

Comment

Sounds uncomfortable ):

Comment

Coleen - hope you get the test done quick. Enough is enough. I was thinking about you the other day. My daughters neighbor had a stray cat have 8 babies under his fence. He was going to go dump them all, but my daughter saved them, now she has 4 left, we took one. I somehow talked David into letting me keep one. I hope she can find homes for the others, but her daughter is in love with a boy and girl, I say nooo way, don't keep both of them but time will tell. They are the cutest little things though.

Comment

the braces are very uncomfortable - they're sweaty - but if it'll help...
                  kitties are sooo sweet! Their claws, on the other hand, are sharp as blazes! Mine have homes, I hope yours get good ones too!

Comment

Good luck with the braces!
                    C4 incomplete April 26, 2009

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better. I just read your post and then checked my personal e-mail. My sister-in-law sent this to me and I still had you on my mind. As bad as the fall was.....well, you get the idea:

So, there I was ... just relaxig in front of the TV and then the kids yelled,
                      'Hey Mom, come see the kittens.'

NL
                      PS. Hope this works, it is my first time to post a photo attachment

Comment

gjnl - cute "kittens"!
                        My EMG is tomorrow afternoon - they've finally got another doctor who's trained to do them, (that's two for both the Seattle & American Lake VA's) so I got lucky & got rescheduled. At least now the EMG & my doctors appointments are set up correctly, with the EMG first. Oh boy, can't wait - the nerves are huper sensitive in my arm, with hot, cold & 'pokes' feeling the same - really painful. UGH!

Comment

The nerves from my shoulder to my finger tips are messed up big time - she said there seems to be only one tiny nerve functioning in my pinkie - she said that people are going to talk surgery to me, but she's recommending the conservative approach, said that she thought I'd get some return, but it'll probably take "at least a year" - my pinkie will always be 'clawed', there's "going to be muscle wasting". Lovely. Guess since it's not her hand/arm, it doesn't matter.
                          Anyone want to buy an organ (yes, a musical instrument) since I can't play it now or in the near or far future. $50 and you pay shipping & it's yours.

Comment

Turns out my pinkie & the finger next to it are trashed, my arm isn't much better & my grip is all but gone in my clumsy, clawed left hand. The good news is that my youngest wants to learn how to play the organ, so I'll be keeping it & teaching him.

Comment

Are you right handed? I hope.

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer, but yes, I'm right handed.

Comment

Working...
                                X