No announcement yet.

Woman down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, sure is, a nerve pinch in my elbow. Weird thing, I didn't even bump that elbow, just jammed that wrist. Go figure.
    I hope you're feeling a little better, Becky.

Comment

Glad to see you are get your bp under control. I think I would get a second opinion on the pinched nerve.

Comment

got an appointment in 2 weeks, thinking I might want to try getting in sooner, there's almost zero chance of that, but maybe I should try?

Comment

Sorry for all your woes. Animals sure are special but can stir up a lot of trouble!

Yay, the kitties are eating some solids. I know they're too young to go just yet, but it isn't too early to start looking for homes. Whenever I give an animal away, I also make them sign a spay/neuter promisary note too. Just a thought, too many babies out there already.

Comment

All the babies are now eating solids about 60% of the time now, good homes are being found for the bunch of them, Momma is be scheduled to be fixed, no worries on that.

Just got back from the urgent care ctr at the VA hospital - it's not an ER or hospital anymore - the doc said it's "cubital tunnel syndrome" and ordered en emg & OT.
            the EMG is in August (earliest opening) and the earliest for OT is July 22.

From what I read on it, it may already be too late to 'save' the nerves to my little & ring finger, because of scaring, so they're definitely going to be a loss in 3 weeks & worse by August, but there's hope for my middle, index fingers & thumb. Since my hand is already too weak to hold a pencil & is 'clawing', I don't have a very good feeling about the outcome, but, there's still hope!
            Sorry for the long post.

Comment

It's too bad you have to wait so long to get in. Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like the kittys are growing up.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try to post again when I find out what's what.
                Last edited by Coleen; 07-01-2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Just so you know: the EMG will hurt like hell!

My doctor lied to me and said it wouldnt hurt LOL
                  T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Coleen View Post
                    the EMG is in August (earliest opening) and the earliest for OT is July 22.
                    WTF, is the VA getting that bad everywhere? ... damn, they're taking sweet time on some of my stuff, too important stuff.

Sorry to dump on your thread Coleen, but it really irks me they take so long. Was my experience through the 90s, got better for a while, now going downhill again. Friggin sad. Meanwhile, who knows if further damage is happening? Do they even think about it? Are they happy about it? Delay, deny and hope that I die, argh...

Guess we can be glad it's "free"...

All the best, Coleen. Glad you found homes for your baby kitties.
                    get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Quad, you get what you pay for - too bad they forgot that we already paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleen View Post
                        Quad, you get what you pay for - too bad they forgot that we already paid.
                        EXACTLY & a shame!

Sorry about the clawing hand-they suck. I hope it can be fixed.

Comment

update:
                          I've called to see if there were any openings the last 2 days, and managed to get one on the 12th instead of the 22nd. It's a small victory, but better than nothing!

The EMG on my leg didn't hurt at all, but it's got no 'outside' feeling anyway. I'm sure the arm one will hurt, since the nerves seem to be 'hyper', but it needs to get done before the VA will do anything more than splinting. I just hope there's not too much permanent damage.

Comment

Glad you got in, Coleen.

Check out the latest:

"A newly surfaced internal memo shows that VA health facilities get good grades by delaying and denying care."

(more)

Yeah; Delay, Deny and Hope that I die...
                            get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

The kittens are beautiful. They all eat solids, use the litter box & climb everything - including my bum leg - suddenly I'll have a baby climbing into my hand & it's a surprise!
                              Hand's getting worse, but...
                              Quadvet - that's a depressing (but too true & so familiar) article. Ugh!

Comment

Update:
                                I've been calling at least twice a day and I actually got an OT appointment tomorrow! I guess they got tire of me bugging them or something...
                                the clawing is bad, it looks like my pinky is a loss, but my ring finger can still straighten. I'll let you know...

Comment

Working...
                                X