new member: some information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member: some information

i was diagnosed with transverse myelitis in 1993 i was seven years old and i am a paraplegic since i don't really know the cause because but before it happened i was beaten severe and my legs were having those asleep,numbness and tingling sensation after the beating and i went to sleep and when i woke up next morning i could not move my legs i could not stand and i had no feelings below the waist so could the beating have caused it or something else because other than that i had no other sickness of any kind

Sorry such a terrible and deliberate thing happened to you.
    I don't have any info on this. Just wanted to say hi.

Comment

Did you ever get your diagnosis confirmed at a center that specializes in TM?

Did you get evaluated for a possible vascular cause of your SCI? For example, an AVM, spinal cord infarction (which could be related to trauma) or a fibrous cartilage embolism (FCE)? The latter is often associated with high intensity physical exercise/activity, which taking a beating certainly qualifies for!

Welcome to our forums.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X