No announcement yet.

Is fatigue considered a relapse: Transverse Myelitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football, there appears to now be a relapsing [recurring] form of TM, MS of the spinal cord only, etc. I'd suggest writing up what has been happening and email Dr Douglas Kerr at dkerr@jhmi.edu to see if he or his group have any ideas. I'd skip a spinal tap too unless it could really help me. They hurt like ............! Have you ever had your blood cleaned by plasmaphresis? Sometimes when the steroids don't work this filtering can help.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

transverse Myelitis

I have a confirmed case of transverse myelitis. It started Oct.12th while on an airplane (to Vegas), that's some luck huh? My feet were the first to go numb. Within 24 hours I was numb up to my waist. I spent a week in my local hospital which turned up nothing. I immediately went to Mayo Clinic.I checked into the mergency room and was put on a stand by basis.Within one week they were able to give me my diagnosis.They were wonderful up there. I would suggest anyone to go there if they are experiencing any medical problem and not getting sufficient answeres. I would appreciate contact from other concerning this medical condition.

Comment

Working...
      X