How to right a ship for $10 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to right a ship for $10 million

Pretty cool stuff - Ship (Cougar Ace) is carrying 4,703 Mazda cars in the Aleutian Islands in Alaska has a ballast accident and tips on its side. $103 Million in cargo, $100 million dollar ship that is sitting on its side. A crew comes in for $10 million dollars and rights the ship.

http://www.wired.com/science/discove.../ff_seacowboys (this is a GREAT article, btw)

In the end though Mazda shreds all the cars because they don't want to deal with them while under warranty...

Great stuff Scott ... thanks! William

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Pretty wild. great video...the salvage team seem like something from a movie plot but much more interesting because it is real!

Comment

Scott, thanks for the story, excellent one.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Exactly like a movie. COOL

Comment

WOW! What a story! I'd love to see a documentary on this.

Did you notice the headshots of all the guys involved? Do they not look exactly like the kind of guys you'd expect to see in a story like this? Hollywood couldn't do a better job of casting.

Edit: Looks like they are making it into a movie - http://www.joshuadavis.net/salvagemovie.html
            Last edited by Lazlo; 14 Aug 2008, 2:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
              WOW! What a story! I'd love to see a documentary on this.

Did you notice the headshots of all the guys involved? Do they not look exactly like the kind of guys you'd expect to see in a story like this? Hollywood couldn't do a better job of casting.

thats them cruise ship beauties adi penetrated and gave orgasms to

Comment

Originally posted by CLC379
                thats them cruise ship beauties adi penetrated and gave orgasms to
                ha ha ....you loco clc379...
                ps.scott great story.

Comment

Edit: Looks like they are making it into a movie - http://www.joshuadavis.net/salvagemovie.html
                  wow, cool... dreamworks picked it up.

should be fascinating.

Comment

I like watching shows like this. Can't wait for the movie.

Couldn't they have just poured some v8 juice into the tank?lol

Comment

Great article .... thanks for the link. Cool that they are amking a movie!
                      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Stender and Mayani stay on board, sleeping on cars, smoking cigarettes, and tending the pumps. For lunch, they toss one end of a line out a door that's halfway down the starboard hull. It reaches the Makushin Bay 50 feet below, and the boat's crew ties some food on the line. But when Stender and Mayani haul it up to discover a meal of boiled cabbage and popcorn, they snap. "We don't eat cabbage, you fucking fucks!" Mayani screams, hurling the cabbage at the crew. The crew dodges the fusillade of wet, steaming cabbage, and it splatters onto the decks and wheelhouse of the Makushin Bay.
                        If Dreamworks cuts this part out, I'll consider the film a failure.

We don't eat cabbage, you fucking fucks!

Comment

If Dreamworks cuts this part out, I'll consider the film a failure.

We don't eat cabbage, you fucking fucks!
                          And you're entitled to that perspective.
                          "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Fantastic story. Thanks Scott
                            C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Shredded the cars! I would have taken one as is.....no warranty. What do you have to lose?

Dave
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X