No announcement yet.

2008 Polaris Ranger RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of getting a video of you guys transfering in and out of one of these things?

Comment

Here's one vid. But his bro lifts him in.

Comment

Thanks man!

Wish the seat wasnt so damn high.I think i might go snooping around when the weather warms up

Comment

I bet a Bruno Turny would do the trick gettin' a guy (or girl) up and into a UTV.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
            I bet a Bruno Turny would do the trick gettin' a guy (or girl) up and into a UTV.

I dont think that that would work very well. Because don't you have to you their seat for it? I can be in and out of my Teryx really quick. Quicker than it takes me to get in my car.
            T8/9 (2-24-06)
            IOWA

Comment

Originally posted by RSieck View Post
              I dont think that that would work very well. Because don't you have to you their seat for it?
              I don't know for sure. But I've seen a few pictures of vehicles that had the Turny installed with vehicle factory seats. I'm sure there's a way to rig them up.

Originally posted by RSieck
              I can be in and out of my Teryx really quick. Quicker than it takes me to get in my car.
              Yeah, I've watched your videos. You're a strong bugger. I'm jealous. I just have weak little twiggy arms compared to you.

Comment

Ya know,ive thought this! but i just cant seem figure on bying a toy,then dumping another 5G's to get into it

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
                  Ya know,ive thought this! but i just cant seem figure on bying a toy,then dumping another 5G's to get into it
                  haha... I read you dude. Honestly, I bet you can rig up something using your own ideas real easy. Really, all the seat has to do is swing out and down. I already have an idea in my head. And it would work too good.

Comment

haha... I read you dude. Honestly, I bet you can rig up something using your own ideas real easy. Really, all the seat has to do is swing out and down. I already have an idea in my head. And it would work too good.
                    I go the other way. Instead of bringing the 4-wheeler down to your level, I take ME up to the level of the seat and then transfer. My golfcart is as high as a Ranger so in the past I've transfered into it while my chair is sitting on the edge of the trailer that I use to transport the GC. A buddy backs the GC off the trailer, I roll up onto the trailer, he moves the ramps out of the way and he pulls the GC up to the end of the trailer. My chair seat is exactly the same height as the GC seat at this point and it's a straight transfer.

I also have transfered off of my van lift into the GC. I get my buddy to pull the GC up in front of the liftramp at a slight angle. I lower the lift to the right height, angle my chair on the lift, then make the transfer. A transfer board or a boost from your bud and you're in.

Both of these methods require another person being there to move the GC. Ideally it would be best to design something so you could do it alone.
                    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

. I already have an idea in my head. And it would work too good.
                      Well,care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
                        Well,care to share?
                        No. I'm really greedy like that.

jk. I was trying to figured out a way to explain it yesterday. The only thing I can relate it to is how a 3 ton picker kind of unfolds on the back of a 1 ton truck. Basically an arm that swings out and drops the seat down to ground level, if that's ones choice of height but would be able to stop before that level. With a simple wired toggle switch. And would all work with a 12volt ram.

Comment

This would be a pretty easy transfer

http://www.utvguide.net/news/2009/01...available.html

Comment

Recall Alert Yamaha Rhino

This is kind of old news but thought I would share

Recall Alert
                            U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
                            Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, D.C. 20207
                            MARCH 19, 2008
                            Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.A. Recalls Rhino Side-by-Side Vehicles Due to Risk of Brake Failure
                            The following product safety recall was voluntarily conducted by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.
                            Name of Product: Model Year 2008 Rhino YXR450 and YXR700 Side-by-Side Vehicles
                            Units: About 7,800
                            Distributor: Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.A., of Cypress, Calif.
                            Manufacturer: Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corp. of America, of Newnan, Ga.
                            Hazard: The brake caliper on the left front wheel could have been made incorrectly, resulting in brake fluid leaking. This can cause a loss of braking and control of the vehicle, posing a serious safety risk to the driver and passenger.
                            Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
                            Description: This recall involves model year 2008 Rhino YXR450 and YXR700 Side-by-Side Vehicles as listed below:
                            MAKE/MODEL
                            PRIMARY IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS
                            2008 Rhino 450
                            2008 Rhino 700FI
                            YXR45FX
                            YXR45FHX
                            YXR45FSPX
                            YXR70FX
                            YXR70FDUX
                            YXR70FHX
                            YXR70FSEPX/FSP2X
                            YXR70FSPX
                            AJ32Y-001001 ~ 001598
                            AJ30Y-000501 ~ 000897
                            AJ34Y-000201 ~ 000794
                            AM16Y–000101 ~ 003000
                            AM20Y-000101 ~ 000700
                            AM18Y-000101 ~ 000800
                            AM23Y-000101 ~ 001000
                            AM21Y-000101 ~ 001200
                            The Primary Identification Number is stamped on the driver’s side rear tire frame rail.
                            Sold by: Yamaha dealers nationwide from October 2007 through March 2008 for between $8,300 and $12,000.
                            Assembled in: United States
                            Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled Rhinos and contact any authorized Yamaha Rhino dealer to schedule a free repair. Registered owners were sent direct mail notification of this recall.
                            Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Yamaha at (800) 962-7926 anytime, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.yamaha-motor.com.
                            -more-
                            - 2 -
                            Rhino 450
                            Rhino 450
                            Rhino 700FI
                            Rhino 700FI
                            The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. The CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals – contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
                            To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC’s hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC’s teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270 or visit CPSC’s Web site at www.cpsc.gov/talk.html. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC’s Web site at www.cpsc.gov.
                            ####
                            Originally posted by fuentejps
                            injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Comment

I love this post. I am a C6/7 quad for 20 years now. I have modified a Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot, and then moved to the RZR in '08. what a blast to ride. Much easier to get into. I built a mobile platform to make it a straight transfer. I added suspension seats and 5 point harnesses. Once strapped in it is such a rush to ride the mountains of Eastern Ohio. The bike is very safe. I owned it a month and rolled it several times down the side of a mountain. It was completely rebuilt from new frame up. Actually it only bent the aframe tab for the rear wheel and the dealer insisted on the new frame. But they made it like new again and I did not get a scratch. I climbed right back on my steel horse without hesitation. I built my own hand controls and they work excellent. I love this bike so much I'm actually looking to upgrade to the 2012 model. So my '08 may be for sale soon. Ready to ride.

Last edited by ed43082; 25 Feb 2012, 12:42 AM. Reason: Change image.

Comment

Very cool Ed. Thanks for sharing. How bout a few pics of your hand controls?
                                "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X