For all you kick-a@& car enthusiast's!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSieck
    I'll take a 800hp Ford Powerstroke 4x4 that weighs 8000lbs, can run a 11 second 1/4 mile, and drive anywhere, get 16mpg, and pull a 15,000lb trailer, and smoke pretty much anything on the street

Yeah, I hear you there. My friend has a 06' F250 4x4 with the Bullydog boost on it. It's crazy fast. Took me for a ride and I was impressed. He's pushing almost 500+ hp.

My friend bought this almost one year ago. I posted it once before but am to lazy to find my old thread.

Then I used to drive a 97' SVT Cobra pre-sci. It's a bad picture (damn disposable cameras) I'll have to locate the pic. I'll post it later.

Ed

Comment

Found the pick of me and my SVT.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeygirl
        Well, seeing how you guys aren't choosing from xmas list nick gave us on that site, I will also post what I really really want from Santa....even though I've posted many times before...oh well..... Pretty please Santa...I'll do anything.....

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/
        I know I guy that just bought one of these for his son who is only 16. Must be nice to have a car like this for your 1st. vehicle. I'll have to make it over to there house sometime and get some pics of me by it.

Ed

Comment

Yet another post

Here is what my friend John is working on right now.

He's having it done professionaly. Hopefully will be finished soon.

http://thehotrodbarn.com/Current%20projects%2013.htm

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by nick
            I know I guy that just bought one of these for his son who is only 16.
            Why do people do that? Giving your kid a car when they turn 16 is bad enough, but a brand new, hot rod? That's just begging for trouble.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by nick
              I know I guy that just bought one of these for his son who is only 16. Must be nice to have a car like this for your 1st. vehicle. I'll have to make it over to there house sometime and get some pics of me by it.

Ed
              pre-order?? knowing dodge, they won't be available 'til late '08.

16... death wish
              "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

must be nice to grow up being handed things like that...then again you do not learn how to appreticiate the things that you have...turn out like all these hollywood brats that keep getting away with things they shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by darrel
                  must be nice to grow up being handed things like that...then again you do not learn how to appreticiate the things that you have...
                  That is a wildly, sweeping condemnation.

C.

Comment

not so wildly, would you apprettiate something more if you worked hard and long to earn it or just the same if it was just handed to you??

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                      Why do people do that? Giving your kid a car when they turn 16 is bad enough, but a brand new, hot rod? That's just begging for trouble.
                      get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by monkeygirl
                        Well, seeing how you guys aren't choosing from xmas list nick gave us on that site, I will also post what I really really want from Santa....even though I've posted many times before...oh well..... Pretty please Santa...I'll do anything.....

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/
                        I'm looking for this one too...only 93 days, lol. Now to see if Chrysler does something dumb like $40K for a V-8 and if the dealers will play games or not. Might make or break the aura of the car...think Pontiac GTO

Comment

would you apprettiate something more if you worked hard and long to earn it or just the same if it was just handed to you??
                          I have both worked my ass off for and been handed things in life. I value my hard work and those of others and am deeply appreciative of the gifts received from both.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing

C.
                            after reading this statement , you want me to say what??? a 16 yr being handed a muscle car will appriciate the same car if he/she had to work their ass off for it...don't think so..

before you try argueing this further, stop I don't feel like argueing..

Comment

you want me to say what??? a 16 yr being handed a muscle car will appriciate the same car if he/she had to work their ass off for it...
                              umm... wouldn't they?
                              "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

after reading this statement , you want me to say what???
                                I would rather you had responded to my most recent post. That would seem to make more sense. The quote you show above doesn't say the same thing that you are saying.

a 16 yr being handed a muscle car will appriciate the same car if he/she had to work their ass off for it...don't think so..
                                I would tend to agree with that statement. I was responding to your more general assertion that indicated that one can't ever learn to appreciate the value of anything if they are handed such things. I adamantly disagree with that generality.

before you try argueing this further, stop I don't feel like argueing..
                                Who said anything about arguing? Isn't it possible to have a discussion with someone even if you think you disagree with them?

C.

Comment

Working...
                                X