Any Skiers/snowboarders out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aidan416
    I have broken 2 bindings and 1 ski in the last week!
    Aidan,
    Sounds to me like you need to 1) upgrade your bindings and skis to those used for racing and make sure that whoever does the mounting, mounts them properly for racing. As you now know, a monoski puts an incredible amount of stress on one ski and one binding where AB skiers have two of each. 2) If you're serious about this stuff get some more training before you do something (else) permanently to your body. 3) Go talk to some of the racers on the NE Disabled Ski Team. Is Chris Devlin-Young still active on the team? My opinions.
    Good luck,
    Carl

Comment

Carl,

Chris D-Y is at Waterville Valley now. As you may know he was recently in the X Games so has been in Aspen (lucky guy). BTW-He got Bronze in Mono X.

I ride on NEDST (before my SCI as well). They are always a big help and have been instrumental in getting me back on the mountain after my accident. I think the equiptment problem I am having is that I have no $ right now and have been relying on the generosity of others who have given me skis and bindings. Both of the bindings I broke were used-one Markers and the other Atomic. I am now sticking with Salomon 900 or 916 with a nice sturdy "block" rather than the pin that the others used. The skis are a bit easier-the one I was having trouble with is a Fischer SL ?. It was one given to me by a World Cupper that didn't really need it anymore. I think that it is just too stiff for me to ride effectively right now. I am not sure me ability level is there quite yet. I have gone back to Atomic SL11's for now. They have slightly more flex and don't "load" as much as the Fischer.

We also determined that when I was hit by a big guy in a Bramble a few weeks ago, the frame of the Revolution I ride was torqued in the impact. This may have contributed to the binding issues because more force was being placed on the right side of the binding whenever I turned left. I now have a different Rev but it is lower than my other and the shock is lousy. I should be able to make quicker turns but my mogul skiing will be hell.

I hope to get a Bramble next year....but they are expensive!!!

Once again -thanks for your help.

Were do you ski?
      "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie

Comment

Working...
      X