Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you get the Charger or the Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
    Are you kidding me? "Roll racing"? Geezus, I had to look that up. Apparently it's the latest, dumbass idea hatched by punks today who don't have enough sense to don a helmet and get their asses to a safe and legal race venue.

When I did I mention myself? When I referred to real racers, I said "they" not "me".

First, you posted one picture. That doesn't prove this is a "well-built" car. Second, I did say that it's a clean looking ride.

Why not? It does in every form of sanctioned racing that I am aware of. Oh, wait, keyword here may be "sanctioned".

When did anyone say that Muscle cars are the "best"? And fast isn't everything.

Yes, I was very specifically referring to ricers and their street cars. You have posted a picture of a show car displaying what is known in the business world as "sponsor decals". I actually got paid to put sponsor names on that car. I didn't just slap them on there for bogus bragging rights. You will also note that the vehicle in question is shown appearing in Ford's booth at the Detroit Auto Show a few years ago, not sitting in my driveway or running down the highway. I don't drive that car around with those decals on it just so that people at stop lights will ooh and aah over it's supposed greatness.

You're right about that. The only tires that Toyo had available at the time (late 2004) that would fit the wheels that MOMO wanted on the car were too small. There isn't enough sidewall for a comfortable ride or for the best handling. Again, though, it's a show car. And considering the fact that it was built in less than 4 weeks, I think it looks pretty damned good in that picture, don't you?

You're flat out wrong about the stopping power of this car. StopTech Brakes used our car to design and test its new system for the S197 Mustangs. They work beautifully.

C.
    Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to strap on their helmet and spend the weekend at Laguna Seca. Sanctioned events at safe and legal venues are exactly an option for everyone, all the time. Even though many tracks do have 'test and tune' nights, most people in the real world are left to do their testing, tuning, and unfortunately their racing on streets. Laptops, high dollar software, and dynos aren't a luxury everyone can afford... Apex'i SAFCs or a Turbo XS detech, a wideband, and an abandoned stretch of highway are what a lot of people use. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

The car was built and tuned by Justice racing, so I'd say it's pretty 'well-built'. I don't see the motor taking a shit anytime soon unless the current owner has a dumbass attack and runs a race map with pump gas or runs the car wot every chance he gets.
    http://www.justiceracingengines.com/

Sorry, I just saw that I typed 'best' instead of 'bad ass' when referring to the old muscle cars.

Even though I don't come from your elite 'business' world, I'm very well aware what sponsorship decals are. Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm also very aware of what and where that car is... Google sure comes in handy sometimes.

I've never been one to defend any sort of 'ricer', but isn't imitation the most sincere form of flattery? You don't have me to thank for any of the vinyl graphics, stickers, or gaudy body kits... talk to RJ De Vera, he's the one that brought that crap mainstream.

And as far as my comments about the brakes, wheels, and tires... learn to take a joke. You said the exact same thing about the Supra.
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
      Yeah, but you'd be a bazillionaire owning that thing, you would be amazed what old Mopar muscle goes for nowadays. They made that thing for Nascar, and it was so good, it got banned for the next season (or maybe it lasted 2, not sure). To make it 'legal' for Nascar, they created the street version you see here. But now we know where the F&F crowd is getting their ideas from...an almost 40 year old Dodge, lol.
      Yeah, I've watched some Barrett-Jackson auctions and the old Mopar and other old school muscle attracts a lot of mula. Speaking of Chargers and auctions..does anyone know if John Schneider's General Lee on Ebay was paid for?

I just looked it up...Ha...relisted on ebay. Saw that one coming a mile away!
      Last edited by hapahouli; 24 May 2007, 12:45 AM.
      Injured May 19, 2006, C4 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by jbinny
        Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to strap on their helmet and spend the weekend at Laguna Seca.
        I am aware.

Sanctioned events at safe and legal venues are exactly an option for everyone, all the time. Even though many tracks do have 'test and tune' nights, most people in the real world are left to do their testing, tuning, and unfortunately their racing on streets. Laptops, high dollar software, and dynos aren't a luxury everyone can afford... Apex'i SAFCs or a Turbo XS detech, a wideband, and an abandoned stretch of highway are what a lot of people use. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.
        This is the lamest excuse for criminally dangerous behavior that I have ever heard. I'm low on cash so it's OK if I endanger my life and the lives of countless strangers? Be a grown up and find another hobby already! Or maybe redirect some of the thousands being wasted on bling towards actual go fast bits and safety gear and get thee to a real race track.

There is NO legitimate excuse for street racing, but lack of funding is really, really reaching. There are guys spending thousands and thousands of dollars on rice rockets and that is plenty of money to get someone into any number of race classes for either drag or road racing in legally sanctioned events.

The car was built and tuned by Justice racing, so I'd say it's pretty 'well-built'.
        Sorry, never heard of them.

Sorry, I just saw that I typed 'best' instead of 'bad ass' when referring to the old muscle cars.
        OK, but the point still stands that part of what can make any specific car qualify as "bad ass" is power to weight.

Even though I don't come from your elite 'business' world, I'm very well aware what sponsorship decals are. Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm also very aware of what and where that car is... Google sure comes in handy sometimes.
        Then you should be aware of the difference between a show car prepared for display at a major automotive event and a street car tricked out to impress 14 yr old boys at stop lights.

And FTR, it's bad netiquette to post someone else's picture without their permission.

And as far as my comments about the brakes, wheels, and tires... learn to take a joke. You said the exact same thing about the Supra.
        Considering the fact that you took my comments about some stranger's car to heart and then came back ragging on a vehicle that is specifically associated with me, I thought I took that joke rather well.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by gpbullock
          it's the car version of a mullet. Business up front, party in the back.
          LMFAO!!!!! You just made my day. I wish I had a mullet car.

Comment

I am aware.

This is the lamest excuse for criminally dangerous behavior that I have ever heard. I'm low on cash so it's OK if I endanger my life and the lives of countless strangers? Be a grown up and find another hobby already! Or maybe redirect some of the thousands being wasted on bling towards actual go fast bits and safety gear and get thee to a real race track.

There is NO legitimate excuse for street racing, but lack of funding is really, really reaching. There are guys spending thousands and thousands of dollars on rice rockets and that is plenty of money to get someone into any number of race classes for either drag or road racing in legally sanctioned events.

Sorry, never heard of them.

OK, but the point still stands that part of what can make any specific car qualify as "bad ass" is power to weight.

Then you should be aware of the difference between a show car prepared for display at a major automotive event and a street car tricked out to impress 14 yr old boys at stop lights.

And FTR, it's bad netiquette to post someone else's picture without their permission.

Considering the fact that you took my comments about some stranger's car to heart and then came back ragging on a vehicle that is specifically associated with me, I thought I took that joke rather well.

C.
            Go back and read, I never once mentioned lack of funds being an excuse for street racing. There's other factors that come into play such as time and location. Go fast bits instead of bling? You obviously don't know jack shit about a lot of the streets cars out there. Out of the two cobras, sprayed LS1 Camaro, sprayed WS6 Trans Am, GT30r SRT4, GT35r Honda S2k, 50trim SRT4, and full bolt on sprayed Mustang GT that I rolled around with most of the time... the only ones that had any sign of 'bling' were the Mustang owners, both with ricer body kits. Seriously, you Mustang owners are all the same. It was all go and no show, so don't preach to me about go fast bits. Step down off your high horse and research those parts I mentioned in the previous post, they're used for tuning.

And for the record, none of us really gave a shit about closed course road racing.

Again, before you start questioning the reliability of a car use the information provided and research who built it. They've been around for a while and know what they're doing, the motor is sound, to say the least.

I stand by what I said about old muscle cars being unreliable, overrated junk. I have uncles who owned and drove many of the cars mentioned by monkey, and I have a pretty good idea as to the performance and reliability of these cars.

I get it already, you helped build the car for the Detroit Auto Show, but really get down off the high horse already. People build their streetcars to be just that, streetcars. If they really wanted a show car, that's what they would build.

I sure as hell hope you start preaching to everyone else about netiquette, too. If you don't want the pictures used, talk your webpage designer and have them keep those pictures from being copied and saved... it's amazing what can be done with computers nowadays, don't you think? Had I known you were going to go and get so butt-hurt, I probably wouldn't have done it.

I know the guy via the SRT forums, so if you want more pictures or a full parts list, I can probably get that for you.
            "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

Red fades on hair, just like it does on car paint.

C.
              Ferrari Red does fade rather prematurely, huh?

LOL...J/K

Comment

Working...
              X