the most exotic places where you have been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adi chicago
    sue i worked for carnival cruise lines ,miami fl.regarding constanta[black sea]
    romania,is a nice place to visit ,but for disabled is not very accesible.
    i can say the same thing regarding paris airport.two days ago i had a very bad time beeing a quad in paris airport.
    I've only been through Orly and I wouldn't want to go back as a quad. The lay out is terrible and how a gimp gets to customs and luggage pick up I can't imagine.

I think Romania would be great if we had more than a few hours to see it. The new Mall is accessible except they had a new car displayed right where the ramp starts at the first floor. Someone will win it soon and hopefully no one else will block the ramp for advertising. But I did have a 10 year old gypsy girl trying to ride my wheelchair down the ramp on a caster wheel. There was no way my husband was going to let her near our backpack on the rear of my chair. I got used to dealing with the Romi in Italy.

I think making a restaurant near a museum accessible would make someone a lot of money though. The cruise lines sure aren't making it easy for the disabled to go ashore. I'd love to do a Danube River cruise someday and see the archeology sites being dug up.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Seychelles

Comment

jamaica

Comment

thailand, laos, and india.

Comment

Isle of Pines, New Caledonia
            Cape Horn, Chile
            Iguassu Falls, Argentina & Brazil
            Abashari, Hokkaido, Japan
            Mount Osorno, Lake District, Chile
            Guanajuato, Mexico
            Glacier Bay, Alaska
            Pompei, Italy

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Woomera (South Australia), in the '70s when it was a closed village and you needed a security pass to get in. I even have the T-shirt to prove it (I've been everywhere... even Woomera).
              - Richard

I think cruisin' KLD gets the award, certainly for quantity!

Comment

Roatan Island, Honduras.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by rfbdorf
                  Woomera (South Australia), in the '70s when it was a closed village and you needed a security pass to get in. I even have the T-shirt to prove it (I've been everywhere... even Woomera).
                  - Richard

I think cruisin' KLD gets the award, certainly for quantity!
                  Woomera wouldn't have been so much exotic as secretive and a little bit weird in a cold war kind of way,no?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch
                    Woomera wouldn't have been so much exotic as secretive and a little bit weird in a cold war kind of way,no?
                    Actually it was a pretty dull and nondescript place. We launched several x-ray astronomy experiments on sounding rockets from there.
                    - Richard

Comment

Argentina (3x)
                      Jamaica
                      Dominican Republic
                      Hawaii
                      England (3x)
                      Ireland
                      Whales
                      Sweden
                      Germany
                      Austria
                      Hungary
                      Russia
                      Mongolia
                      Pakistan
                      Jordan
                      Israel
                      Macau
                      and my favorite, Hong Kong
                      "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Broknwing
                        DUDE!!!! Not a Speedo!!!!!! MY GOD!!!! Please post a pic with you wearing something a lil more than a speedo...YIKES!!! I swear men should NOT wear those things...
                        That made me laugh out loud..

At least he has the body for it..I have seen some in my days that I wish I hadn't.
                        Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

i have been to mazatlan,puerto vallarta,playa del carmen,cozumel,alcapulco,ensenada,cabo san lucas[mexico]
                          carribean st.thomas,st.martin,st.vincent,aruba,barbados,baha mas,dominique,martinique,jamaica,columbia,costa rica,venezuela and cuba ,panama.
                          in europe i visited le cote d` azur [france]ibiza [spain] mediteranean see,and of course the resorts by the black sea [romania,bulgaria,ukraine].
                          i was ab.

Comment

Carlsbad Caverns during the "off season", and then again after closing hours.
                            "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                            J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by artsyguy1954
                              Jeepers, are you a prude, or what. Adi looks good in that Speedo, IMO and that's not a queer speaking here.
                              LMAO!!!!GOD NO, if you've ever read any of my posts you would know better than to even ask that...BUT There's just something disturbing to me about guys in speedos...I will grant that Adi is in decent shape and not grotesque...however, as I said before...I don't think men should wear speedos unless it's in competition....

Originally posted by gurly2356
                              That made me laugh out loud..

At least he has the body for it..I have seen some in my days that I wish I hadn't.
                              Glad I could make ya laugh Shannon....As I said above...you're right, at least he's not grotesquely overweight or something....but still...ACK!!! I bet you saw some scary ones in Hawaii huh?
                              'Chelle
                              L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Originally posted by Broknwing
                                DUDE!!!! Not a Speedo!!!!!! MY GOD!!!! Please post a pic with you wearing something a lil more than a speedo...YIKES!!! I swear men should NOT wear those things...
                                I wasn't expecting it, but that's kewl, def not put off by it. You can always spot European/Aussie/NZed men by their Speedos.

Comment

Working...
                                X