Cowboys' Owens attempted suicide, police say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokey,

I agree that Owens is a disturbed young man who has an unhealthy need for attention. Where we differ is in our views of the celebrations. I like the endzone celebrations. I think when guys are trying remove your head to prevent you from crossing the goaline, you've got a right to crow when you get there. I like the humor, creativity and flavor the celebrations bring to the modern game.

Terrell is a gifted athelete with a work ethic second to none. Where T.O. goes wrong is when he critizes members of his own team and organization. He fails to understand that the team goal must be to win games, not glorify talented players with damaged egos.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

He's very immature. He wasn't liked much as a kid, didn't have friends, girls weren't interested, etc. He used to run from badass guys who would have beat him up as a kid, etc. The dude doesn't have any social skills at all from what I can tell.

I think parcells has a sentimental streak a mile wide, and if anybody can knock some maturity into TO, it's parcells...if he wants to. If he doesn't care one way or the other about TO personally, TO will crash and burn.

Looking at his press conference yesterday, the dude was exhibiting some very guilty body language before the questions started. Granted sometimes people exhibit guilty body language even when innocent, so it's hard to judge just what the hell happened.

How and why did someone from the press get the cop's statement before it was released officially? Something stinks in the whole affair on both sides, it's a soap opera for sure, and it very well might distract the cowboy's in a negative way. I don't know if the boys can make the post season without TO, maybe they can. But I don't know if they can make it there with TO, either.

---
      "The officers reacted because they were called to this location to do this job. Now they're being put under a microscope by some fancy little football person," Sr. Cpl. Glenn White said. "Give me a break. Those officers are 10 times better than this man."
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Old Fool, ya an end zone celebration can be ok...but he takes it to the level of taunting the other players and their fans...and that's why they want to take his head off even more. Sure, it makes for good theater, but his apparent insatiable appetite for end zone antics diminished the notion and concept of a "team". I mean he parades around like he threw the pass, caught it, blocked the linemen and kicked the extra point all by himself. If he was on my team he would get under my skin. Yes he can catch a ball and run, but what about the other guys on the team that are face down in the mud that made it possible for him to do it? Enough ranting I guess. I heard too much T.O. bullshit on the radio and tv in the past 24 hours,lol. I need a T.O. (Time Out)!

Comment

Originally posted by van damn
          Poor T.O.--healthy body,millions,he is a pussy.
          No one would argue that poverty and ill health are reasons for one to be distraught, but you aren't really saying that being rich and able bodied means that one MUST be happy and have no cause for depression or other mental pain, are you?

C.

Comment

In my opinion....No stomach pump = No suicide attempt

This would be a non-story if it was anyone other than TO....But because he is a human ratings-spike, the media pimped, peddled, and pushed this story for all it was worth....

Comment

Can we just get back to the Cowboys??

I am glad T.O. is ok, but I am more than sick of hearing about him week after week. I knew this was coming when the dipshit Jones signed him, but this is more than enough. I'm glad Parcell's doesn't say much about him which totally pisses the media off!!!

We can win WITHOUT T.O. Nobody (including me) expected us to go 10-6 last year after going 6-10 the previous year. Personally I don't think we are going to the Super Bowl with Bledsoe as our QB...so T.O. or not, we aren't going. That's MY personal opinion and if by some chance we DO go this year I will be happy and y'all can tell me "I Told You So". Bledsoe is a good QB, but he's NOT a great QB. Staue's in the pocket don't win Super Bowls. He is going to have a good game against the Titans this week, but we are dreaming if he is going to pull it off again against a tough Philly defense. I see many sacks and interceptions. As long as our Defense can keep us in the Philly game we will be ok. He's already had one concussion this year, it's not going to take much for him to go down. I would LOVE to see Romo in if I make it to Texas. I would take a losing season to get Romo some experience. We need to start finding someone for the future. I'm sick of us signing all these OLD QB's. If Bledsoe doesn't work out...who are we going to sign next? Johnson, Brunell, Collins, Warner?? It's time we throw someone young to the wolves. Giants did it with Eli and he's coming around.

Other Cowboy news that has been overshadowed...Witten had a baby boy on Tuesday that was 5 weeks early and he weighed in at 6lb 9oz I believe he said on the interview. Baby is healthy and Witten says he is going to be a big boy. I don't doubt that with Witten at 6'6'' and this kid is 5 weeks early. Can you imagine how big the baby would have been had she carried to full term? I hope he has a big game this weekend since TN is home to him.

I'm optimistic, but realistic when it comes to football. Can we just get back to football and shut the hell up about T.O?? Now, I'm dreaming if I think that's going to happen.
              "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
              http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

anyone hear about the 9-1-1 tapes yet?

sorry K.. it will never settle down bc he's the drama King of the NFL.. after this blows over, he'll do something else for attention.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

America's team?

What a bunch of BS! If the cowgirls are America's team, then we suck!
                  Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Comment

I haven't heard the 911 tapes, but I have not watched ESPN or NFL Network ALL day because I just have a major headache hearing T.O. this and T.O. that so I avoided both today.

I know he will find something else to cause attention. He can't go too long without being in the spotlight. The team "says" they aren't distracted by all the attention he is getting, but like the 49ers and the Eagles it has got to be taking a toll on them. How could it not? It's pissing me off and I don't play for the team, but then again I NEVER wanted him a Cowboy. I guess how they play will show if it's really not distracting them.
                    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
                    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

911 transcript

Transcript of Owens publicist's call to 911

DALLAS -- A transcript of the 41-second call from Terrell Owens' publicist Kim Etheredge to 911 on Tuesday night:

Kim Etheredge: "Hi, I have an emergency please."
                      911 operator: "You need the police out there?"
                      Etheredge: "I need an ambulance please."
                      911 operator: "Let me give you the paramedics."
                      Etheredge: "Thank you."
                      911 operator: "Stay on the line."
                      Paramedic: (Garbled) "Dallas Fire."
                      Etheredge: "Hi. Hi I need an ambulance please, immediately."
                      Paramedic: "OK. What's your address?"
                      Etheredge: (gives address, crying)
                      Paramedic: "What's wrong?"
                      Etheredge: "I think he took too many pills. Please. Now. (Garbled) What do I do if the pills are down the throat?"
                      Paramedic: "OK. What's your phone number? We are already on the way now, ma'am. What's your phone number?"
                      Etheredge: "Oh God!"
                      Paramedic: "What's your phone number?"
                      Etheredge: (Deleted)
                      Paramedic: "Is that 214?"
                      Etheredge: "Yes."
                      Paramedic: "OK. Is he still breathing?"
                      Etheredge: "Yes."
                      Paramedic: "OK, we're on the way there, ma'am."
                      Etheredge: "Thank you. Thank you."

More at ESPN

Thanks!

Comment

T.O. Denies McNabb Reached Out to Him
                        Owens Says He Never Got Message From QB

IRVING, Texas (Oct. 4) - Here they go again: Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb have their signals crossed.

Days before the buddies-turned-enemies face off for the first time since their nasty breakup, a misunderstanding is brewing over a text message McNabb says he sent Owens last week after a trip to the hospital was reported as an attempted suicide.

Owens said Wednesday he never got it. While he stopped short of calling McNabb a liar, the sour look on his face sure seemed to insinuate it.

Asked later if it was possible...Story

--------

Lmao, what a circus. I have to say much of the blame is on the media, who pursue these two guys and try to keep the circus going. TO and McNab don't help any by doing what the media wants.

It's gonna be one crazy game Sunday, god only knows how it'll turn out.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X