Look! I got in our pool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look! I got in our pool!

For the first time in almost 5 years I went swimming! My dad and hubby built a 'dipper' ( as my dad calls it) that my hubby designed to use with our ceiling lift! It was awesome, I didn't want to get out! So nice to not be on my butt!
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Awesome Emi, totally awesome

JimmyMack
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

How great that Violet can swim with her mom! Can you show some more photos of your lift set up?

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

i am so jelous.....good for you.....hubby did good job

Comment

That ROCKS Emi!!!! I bet you're gonna be in the pool every day now I bet Violet also enjoyed swimming with mommy just wait for the days of "Marco Polo"
          'Chelle
          L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

No I'm not hi-jacking the thread. I just got in the water for the first time myself this past Wednesday. It was almost 3 1/2 years for me.
            I'm only T-10 level so I just tread the water to swim around, use the noodles every now and then for a break. The pool is 7.5 feet where I'm at in the pic.

We just put this pool in. Just some landscaping left. We poured the concrete patio yesterday with a stone stamp pattern in buff and choc. color.

-Ed-

Comment

<-- green with jealousy here ! You both look happy and comfortable in the pool! I used to love swimming but I haven't been in so many years because of my darn wounds. Sometimes I'm so tempted to just go wheeling into one of the local lakes ... but near Detroit who knows what lurks in there ewww.

Looks like fun all summer!
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
                ......Sometimes I'm so tempted to just go wheeling into one of the local lakes ... but near Detroit who knows what lurks in there ewww.
                chemicals....lots and lots of chemicals....and byproducts of manufacturing...

I know, I'm so encourging huh? At least it's not a "pyro" lake....Way back when I worked at SeaWorld, I walked barefoot in the lake(same lake the ski show was on(YIKES) to install some lighting equip....when I got out of the water, my feet were ORANGE from the chemical reactions going on in there.....NEVER AGAIN did I willingly enter that water....
                'Chelle
                L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Exactly .. sometimes I wonder if I contracted some sort of virus from the pond I swam in all summer long before I became paralyzed which in turn caused Transverse Myelitis. It was surrounded by 3 farm fields, all with pesticide runoff. Fed by a creek which had a landfill about 7-10kms north of it. People were just waking up to such things in 1985.

And here I used to tell my mother that I hated her if she didn't let this 12yr old go swimming in it ... lol ... rotten kid.
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

THOSe PICtures made m ynight I coulddl feel your Freedom floatingg in there Im SO ghappy for you.

hugs JO

Comment

That is so cool! Call me a sap, I got all teary eyed seeing you swimming with your daughter. I was out swimming with my kids today and was thinking how Timmy can't just go out with us and hop in now, it really bummed me out. Then I came home to your post and it showed me some hope. Sometimes I need to just think creative and not negative! Floating around has to be good for you, taking pressure off and such, right? It would be great if you could post a few more pictures of what they built. My pool is similar and my hubby is handy. It would be great if we could surprise Timmy with a way to get into the pool with his cousins!
                      www.weitemeyer.net

Comment

WOOO HOOO! That's awsome. Enjoy that pool and that little girl of yours.
                        jOE
                        www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! I knew you guys would understand! It's Violets birthday today but I'll get more photos posted tommorow!
                          Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Emi-
                            Isn't it awesome to be able to get some freedom to get out of the damn chair.
                            I was already in our pool this morning and will be back in this afternoon and tonight. Was always a fan of the water.
                            Next, I want to try water skiing in a lake. I was always afraid to go before because I wasn't sure of how to keep above the water.
                            I too, love being able to get in the water with little kids, especially my niece and nephew. The two little monsters are like fish in water. Good Luck with the swimming. :0

Comment

So nice that you could get in and swim with your daughter!
                              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X