Ole Ole Ole,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanTPoulter
    Damn. Its going to be a case of who I want to lose the most.
    Come on, you can't be that resentful

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
      Come on, you can't be that resentful
      After Grosso's dive against Australia, I hate Italy more.
      Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

Tonight.............Italy 2 France 1

My prediction
        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

I just can't believe that Zidane headbutt... what a way to end it.

Comment

.....and that was fun. what next? South Africa 2010

i cannot wait to hear why Zidane did it, probably a yo' momma joke
            Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Comment

Originally posted by nicotico
              .....and that was fun. what next? South Africa 2010

i cannot wait to hear why Zidane did it, probably a yo' momma joke
              Just what I was thinking......

Either that or a Yo' Sister

Comment

Sunday afternoon and I'm frikkin drunk. Front row seat in a packed bar. Italy scored, the roar was so loud my dog started barking. And most of the patrons were rooting for France. The streets are packed with people. Cars are all over the city honking horns, waving flags. I just left my (French from France) caregiver a message: 'Fuck le France! Fuck le France!'.

If you're gonna watch football anywhere in north America (ok ok ok, excluding Mexico), Montreal is it baby!

VIVA ITALIA!!!!!!!
                www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

VIVA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!
                  Zidane is an idiot.......
                  Shit Happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Wheels
                    Zidane is an idiot.......
                    Yeah, but the guy is SUCH a footballer even when he fights he refuses to use his hands.

Chris.
                    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...004540,00.html
                      WORLD governing body FIFA was embroiled in controversy last night after it named Zinedine Zidane the player of the tournament less than 24 hours after he was sent off in disgrace for head-butting in the final.

Comment

Would you have headbutted him too? I just saw on the news that this is what provoked Zidane.......

''I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER LAST NIGHT'' and ''YOUR MOTHER IS AN ALGERIAN WHORE''

And his mother's really ill in hospital.....
                        Last edited by Cherry; 10 Jul 2006, 5:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrylips
                          Would you have headbutted him too? I just saw on the news that this is what provoked Zidane.......

''I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER LAST NIGHT'' and ''YOUR MOTHER IS AN ALGERIAN WHORE''

And his mother's really ill in hospital.....
                          I gathered it was something like that, thats how the Italians have been playing all along. Zidane missed the correct spot for the headbutt IMO.
                          The media are reporting that the Italians made continual racial slurs to Zidane all through the match. They did not win fairly IMO and I dont see how any Italian could be proud of this performance. The cup should be taken off them and awarded to France.
                          http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...T=HCP&GT1=8393

"The Italians did everything they could do to provoke Zidane," France defender William Gallas said.
                          Seconds before, Materazzi had wrapped his arm around Zidane just as a French attack on goal passed harmlessly by. The two exchanged words as they walked back up the field, well behind the play. Then, without warning, Zidane spun around, lowered his head and rammed Materazzi, knocking him to the ground. The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism issued a statement Monday quoting "several very well informed sources from the world of football" as saying Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist." It demanded that FIFA investigate and take any appropriate action.
                          Last edited by IanTPoulter; 10 Jul 2006, 10:44 PM.

Comment

best editorial i've read on the zz headbutt

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p.../article/1018/
                            extracts:
                            "The initial media reaction to Zidane’s dismissal was one of horror mingled with sadness. Football legends like Zidane aren’t supposed to act like thugs. Some commentators were outraged that Zidane was given the player of the tournament award. Others feared that Zidane might have blown his chances of soccer sainthood, that he might forever be remembered for his momentary loss of self-control rather than for his sporting achievements.

They need not have worried. Football fans adore their heroes, flaws and all. In fact, far from damaging their reputations, their flaws often serve to enhance their allure. Georgie Best loved the birds and booze. Maradona shovelled coke up his nose. Eric Cantona kung-fu kicked a fan. Wayne Rooney allegedly paid for sex with grannies. All bad boys and all still idolised for their footballing genius regardless of their conduct."

"My own theory is that what Materazzi actually said was, ‘you play like an Englishman’. And that’s an invitation for a Glasgow kiss if ever I’ve heard one."

Comment

Working...
                            X