Ricky"s New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky"s New Toy

Well guys Ricky has finially gotten somethign he has been waiting for , For 6 years he's been wanting to get a Campagna T-Rex--and he finally has it--I'm so proud of him. He's sooooo happy. I just wonder if we have a child where will we put a carseat--HA HA--

This has definitly given him a good sense of freedom and independance. Right now, we are getting hand controls on it so that he can drive--My brother, a friend of his and I have been driving him around in it--I told him it was like driving Miss Daisy--lol----

Hope everyone likes the pic
    i have plenty more--lol
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=Magenta][B]
    [/FONT]Amber & Ricky

very nice love that color red
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

I wanted him to get the blue colored one--it was fine--but we have a red F-250 and he wanted it all to match--i thought woman were bad--lol--i have learned how to drive it and it's really a great way for him and I to do things together and ride when it's so pretty outside

In the second picture that's me in the background holding a pillow. I cannot reach the peddles so i have to sit on a pillow--isn't that funny---hehe--this was the day my brother was teaching me how to drive it--it was pretty funny
      Last edited by Amber&Ricky; 2 May 2006, 3:05 PM.
      [/FONT]Amber & Ricky

Comment

WOWWWWWWWWW........I would sooooooo like a ride in that. What's the transfer like?

Very, very cool guys
        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

That thing ROCKS!!! Do ya mind me asking how much it cost? Do ya have a a link to a website for them? When y'all go out driving in it, is there somewhere for his chair to go? Sorry for all the questions...
          'Chelle
          L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

That is so cool...

almost makes me want to trade my Harley in...which is still sitting in the garage not going anywhere...

Comment

Wow! that is awesome!

Comment

I am soooooooooooo jealous! I've been trying to talk friends into going in on one for a while.

Comment

I want one in a sip and puff model!

Comment

Whoa looks like someone is going to have some very serious fun.

Comment

I wanna ride! I wanna ride! No wait I wanna drive! I wanna drive!

WOW Congrats

I know yall will have a fun summer for sure. Be carful out there.

Comment

that is a cool ride. i remember watching a show on tv one night thinking it was cool. it's like a sit down motorcycle. i hope you guys enjoy it.

out of curiosity, did any form of Voc. Rehab help pay? it seems like it was around $40 or $60k... OUCH...

Originally posted by Brknwing
                        Do ya have a a link to a website for them?
                        http://www.go-t-rex.com/trex.asp?nav=en-us

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by harley-lynn
                          almost makes me want to trade my Harley in...which is still sitting in the garage not going anywhere...
                          NO TRADING HARLEYS... there are quiet a few ways to make it so you can ride it again. PATIENCE.

Though I'll agree that thaang is cool looking! I'd a put my handcontrols in it and been gone in 5 minutes. Either the chair woulda been in the passenger seat, or catching birds in the driveway,lol. Course he has a wife sooo, I guess it would be her in the passenger seat and his chair catching birds.
                          First one I ever saw. Snifty.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

The web site for it is
                            http://www.go-t-rex.com/trex.asp?nav=en-us

It was aroung 45K-50K--He ordered it originally from Florida but the owner hasseled him so he finally contacted the manufacturer in Canada and they build him one and sent it to him--It is really fun--you can read the specs on it on the web site. The transfer for him is very easy. The T-rex sits 4 inches off the ground so he's going down instead of transferring across. i do have to help a little but not much--we haven't figured a way to have his wheelchair with us when he rides in case we stop somewheres--he wants to put a rack on the back of it and get a folding wheelchair and strap on the rack but i think it would look retarded but we have to find a way to get it with us somehow--any suggestions?

oh insurance did not cover--we paid it out of our pockets--we'll be having a note forever--lol--but he was wanting it and whatever makes him more independant and have more freedom i'll spend millions--he can now go riding with his friends who have motorcycles--
                            Last edited by Amber&Ricky; 3 May 2006, 12:17 PM.
                            [/FONT]Amber & Ricky

Comment

well guys the T-rex is back and I will try and get pictures of the hand controls to ya'll to see how neat--but i have a question---we are now trying to figure out a way to mount (niecely) h is wheelchair on the side/back somewheres to take it with us so that if we do go somewheres he wants to get out he can--can someone help ? of give us ideas--
                              Amber Doiron

Comment

Working...
                              X