Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

This just goes to show that even a blind pig will find an acorn every now and then. It's been a slow season here in Va. but I finally had this 8 pointer step out during muzzleloader season.

It was around 5 and I had seen only one small doe. I decided to try my grunt call. Grunted twice and 2 minites later came in 20 feet behind me and started working a scrape. I heard something in front of me, turned and saw this guy step out of the woods. Shot him at 90 yards, Knight muzzleloader. He didn't have much mass and tine length wasn't great but he was 18 1/2" wide.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Not to shabby Deadeye he is a decent buck.I still have a crossbow tag to fill and I hope to put it on a buck as well

Comment

rock on Robin

Comment

Robin! Where ya been man? are ya back in your place or are ya still kickin it pool side in Shangri-la

Nice deer buddy,congrats..

Comment

That's a good impression of a 'deer caught in the headlights' .. *chuckle*
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Darn it DeadEye I thought there would be a photo of Festus in here.

Anyway..I want scat and hair samples over the next two months. And there better be alot of deer meat in them.
            Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

wow thats impressive, muzzle loader!
              cauda equina

Comment

Congrats!!
                http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Thanks guys. Sorry I've been so out of touch, just really busy. Yes, Shaun, I've moved back home. Left Paradise with the gorgeous Sri Lankan babes by the pool and returned to the ghetto on Sept 1st.

Lynnifer, how'd you know I used my headlights?

And Lindy, here's an older pic of my main man. He has a slight resemblance to a pot-bellied pig now! He's also starting to show a bit of stiffness from the truck running over him. We're both aging not-so-gracefully.
                  "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats Deadeye! We have been hunting 3 times so far this year. Much less hunting going on this year than most due to health, but maybe that will change soon. We've seen does every time, one of them was huge, but no bucks yet. Unless you count the buck I saw on my way home from work one night. He almost ran out in front of my car! then changed his mind thank goodness.

You done good!

Your dog is sooooo cute! He's got a face like a little person! I love him!
                    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Comment

DeadEye,
                      Might try getting some Synovi G3 for Festus.
                      It seems to work better then all the rest of the combination supplements.

I switched to this about a year ago with my two senior guys. My Dude will be 16 in February. He has never had a disc or joint problem..but some stiffness started when he turned 14. This product really helped him.
                      And my paralyzed boy Boogie turned 14 in June..and it helps him also with stiffness in his shoulders. He started to slow down due to hauling his cart around and is doing better in that area.

Good stuff. And Omega acids. Fish/salmon supplements.
                      Tasty too.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye
                        Shaun, I've moved back home. Left Paradise with the gorgeous Sri Lankan babes by the pool and returned to the ghetto on Sept 1st. .
                        Ya didnt stuff a couple in your suitcase eh? Good to see ya back buddy,im sure i mentioned your name a few times in the hunting threads that have popped up recently thinking it would draw you out..

Comment

Originally posted by Lindox
                          DeadEye,
                          Might try getting some Synovi G3 for Festus.
                          It seems to work better then all the rest of the combination supplements.

I switched to this about a year ago with my two senior guys. My Dude will be 16 in February. He has never had a disc or joint problem..but some stiffness started when he turned 14. This product really helped him.
                          And my paralyzed boy Boogie turned 14 in June..and it helps him also with stiffness in his shoulders. He started to slow down due to hauling his cart around and is doing better in that area.

Good stuff. And Omega acids. Fish/salmon supplements.
                          Tasty too.
                          Wow, I hope my little man will make it that long! Will I find Synovi G3 at a health food store?

Shaun, thanks for trying to drag me out, but like I said, I wasn't gone intentionally, just too damn busy to spend any time on here. I had to organize 9 hunts for Va. this year and the time and energy involved is huge. Hopefully after the program gets better established it won't be so time consuming.

So should I put a new scope of the 300 mag for my moose trip up to see ya?

Comment

DeadEye,
                            The best prices are on the net.
                            Shop around. But make sure before you order that you check for expiration dates on your shipment. Some are very good and some are crappy.

I use Drs. Foster and Smith when I don't get it from my vet. He's more expensive but I see where my money goes with him.

Try this addie.
                            They are having a good sale right now.
                            http://www.discountpetdrugs.com

I've used them and they sent the same as my vet uses..with a longtime before expiration.

You can get the fish oils anywhere. Off rack at any drug store. They are good for us too.

If you have a bathtub spa they LOVE it.
                            My standard who lived one month shy of 18 would get in there and I would have to force him out by saying "Let's go." That meant we were going in the car. I would have to take him someplace too...or it wouldn't work the second time.

They can live a good long life. I think my Dude is going to make it past his Dad's age because he doesn't have any heart problems. But you never know.
                            Give Festus a good rubdown for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye
                              I had to organize 9 hunts for Va. this year and the time and energy involved is huge. Hopefully after the program gets better established it won't be so time consuming.

So should I put a new scope of the 300 mag for my moose trip up to see ya?
                              Thats awsome man,we dont have any hunting programs like that up here.Guess its up to me right?..I hope your appreciated,that sounds like a lot of work

Ya wanna moose hunt do ya? Will have to figure something out..

Comment

Working...
                              X