We are off to the first rugby tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are off to the first rugby tournament

Jesse and I are leaving to go to Mount Pleasant , Michigan tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. for his first rugby tournament. He will be playing different teams from different states Saturday and Sunday. I told him that I am too nervous to attend the first game so I will be staying back at the motel. What a chicken I am, but he agreed that I should stay back because when I watched him practice that made him nervous and now since he is going to be doing a tournament he will really be nervous. I dont want to contribute to any of that. Everyone is really excited to get going with the games. His team has some good players this year. This is going to be a very busy and full weekend. It will be fun but I am anxious to have it over with too. Nervous!!!

he sure sounds like a big pussy

Comment

Originally posted by Jessecj7
      he sure sounds like a big pussy

You are funny. I said you were NERVOUS. Now you have these people believing you are a big pussy. Dont blame what follows this on me.

Comment

I heard he is. Good luck, have fun!
        Blog:
        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Kick some ass Jesse

Comment

Fuckin rip into 'em.

Comment

yeah ! show those girls who's the man
              cauda equina

Comment

Good luck and knock somebody out of their chair
                Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Comment

Ok, so I know Jesse wont post anything about the tournament so I am going to. There were six teams. Minnesota won 3 and lost 2. The last game, the best one, was down to a point point spread and someone on Ice messed up big time and they lost by 2 points. Jesse being a newbie didnt get to play as much as he wanted to but when he did play he played well. His best move was when he couldnt see a hole to score so he decided to go right through two of the biggest guys guarding the line. It was a piece of cake for him and fun to watch. The two days for me were so heartbreaking that when I tried to explain some of the players to my husband, I couldnt get through the story without crying. The low pointers (their classification) which are the high level quads were the ones that I just couldnt help myself and I felt so sorry for them. I know they DO NOT want anyones sympathy but the mother in me came out big time in those two days. It made me want to get down on my knees and thank someone for the ability that Jesse does have. I helped a C4-5 put on his gloves. I had to put each one of his fingers into the holes in his gloves. It broke my heart to say the least, but he went out there and played a good game. He is only 18 and has been injured 1.5 years and he was out there giving it his all. There are many other stories of heartbreak but anyone who might read this knows what I mean and I dont have to explain. Its just that I stood there for two days watching about 50 quads (all guys except two girls) play, laugh and have fun. I asked Jesses coach what his prediction was as far as who was going to come out the winner and he said I predict everyone is going to have fun. I think everyone did and I know for sure Jesse did. He is ready to go to his next clinic in Boulder, CO this weekend. They are going to beat that kid up cuz he is the rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse's Mom
                    Ok, so I know Jesse wont post anything about the tournament so I am going to. There were six teams. Minnesota won 3 and lost 2. The last game, the best one, was down to a point point spread and someone on Ice messed up big time and they lost by 2 points. Jesse being a newbie didnt get to play as much as he wanted to but when he did play he played well. His best move was when he couldnt see a hole to score so he decided to go right through two of the biggest guys guarding the line. It was a piece of cake for him and fun to watch. The two days for me were so heartbreaking that when I tried to explain some of the players to my husband, I couldnt get through the story without crying. The low pointers (their classification) which are the high level quads were the ones that I just couldnt help myself and I felt so sorry for them. I know they DO NOT want anyones sympathy but the mother in me came out big time in those two days. It made me want to get down on my knees and thank someone for the ability that Jesse does have. I helped a C4-5 put on his gloves. I had to put each one of his fingers into the holes in his gloves. It broke my heart to say the least, but he went out there and played a good game. He is only 18 and has been injured 1.5 years and he was out there giving it his all. There are many other stories of heartbreak but anyone who might read this knows what I mean and I dont have to explain. Its just that I stood there for two days watching about 50 quads (all guys except two girls) play, laugh and have fun. I asked Jesses coach what his prediction was as far as who was going to come out the winner and he said I predict everyone is going to have fun. I think everyone did and I know for sure Jesse did. He is ready to go to his next clinic in Boulder, CO this weekend. They are going to beat that kid up cuz he is the rookie.
                    No need to apologise Jesse's mom. For me - c5/6 very little finger movement - it is refreshing to see a family so positive regarding the outcome of an injury. Posts from yourself and Jesse have often indicated that you are thankful about how lucky Jesse is re function etc and you are clearly a family that just gets on with life.

When I was newly injured last Christmas it hit my parents harder than me. I think they thought my life was over - they are a lot more positive now and it is great to see how proud of Jesse you are because it shines through in your posts. Hopefully my parents feel as positive.

And at the risk of Jesse thinking I'm hitting on his mom .....you are always welcome to help me put my gloves on
                    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Hello Jesse and Jesse's Mom,

When Jesse rolled in through the doors of the Fairfield Inn, my jaw dropped.

The first thought that came to my mind was "Minnesota brought a ringer." I went back to my teammates and said, "You can tell that this guy is an athlete...if he's not kicking ass in rugby now, he will be shortly."

I was glad to see a new, young athlete at our tournament. Keep having fun playing the sport and you'll be running with the best of them before you know it.

See you in St. Louis...

Comment

Jesse/Jo--I'm so glad you guys had fun. Are practices every Wednesday night at Courage Center? I really want to come and watch sometime.

Jesse--you won't be a rookie for long. You'll soon be a serious force to reckon with.

RehabRhino,

I don't think Jesse would blame you for hitting on his Mom--she's very beautiful and fun.
                        Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

Jesse 's mom,
                          Rarely do I read something on here that touches me, sincerely touches me, but yours just did. You are just always so honest, in a raw, unvarnished way.

Gettin beat up in Boulder ... how come I hear Jesse saying ... "Bring it on!"

Have fun in Boulder and kick ass in St Louis - there will be another CC rookie there too.

Comment

Originally posted by BMOC
                            Hello Jesse and Jesse's Mom,

When Jesse rolled in through the doors of the Fairfield Inn, my jaw dropped.

The first thought that came to my mind was "Minnesota brought a ringer." I went back to my teammates and said, "You can tell that this guy is an athlete...if he's not kicking ass in rugby now, he will be shortly."

I was glad to see a new, young athlete at our tournament. Keep having fun playing the sport and you'll be running with the best of them before you know it.

See you in St. Louis...

Ok, who are you? I have a good idea. I snooped at your profile. Believe it or not, Jess never was an athlete. He lived to hunt. He tried basketball and football but never got into it but now all he wants to do is 'kick ass in rugby'. Still wants to hunt too. But he was so pumped up about this tournament that he drove all the way back to MN, 12 hours, thinking and talking rugby and making plans on how he can get into better shape. That big guy on Michigans team made Jesse's eyes pop.

Chick,
                            I take that as an extreme compliment. And who is going to be in St. Louis that you are referring to? Is it a secret?

Comment

Sue,
                              Their schedule at Courage Center is a little messed up right now. They were there Wed. nights then something happened and pushed it to Saturday night but I heard Jody say something about possibly going back to Wednesday night. I sure will let you know because I want to go down and watch practice again. Now that I was able to watch a real game, and know a LITTLE bit about rules and have gotten to know the players also it would be fun to go to practice again. Oh, and you are sweet, thanks for the nice compliment.

Comment

Working...
                              X