No announcement yet.

Hockey Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I figured Van and Pittsburgh would go to the 3rd round. I'm not saying they're doomed but...
    www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Go Canucks Go

Johnny Canuck does not go away easily

Comment

This is classic. Canuck players are loose as demonstrated by this interview given by Kevin Bieksa as Ryan Kesler right after game four. After the game, Mike Dinsmore of Fox Sports mistakenly asked 'Ryan' if he could do an interview, and Kevin Bieksa didn't miss a beat.

Comment

What we learned from this weekend.......

1. Sens making the plays the Rangers cant make.
          2. Philly played enough defense to roll the Pens.
          3. The Canucks missed Hodgsdon BIG TIME.
          4. Blues hit their way past the Sharks.
          5. Caps cannot keep turning over the puck in their own zone.
          6. Coyotes won't get a call the rest of the series.
          7. Predators will need better PP scoring next series.
          8. Fla has surprised the hell outta me. NJ not done, but need to get PPK fixed in a hurry.

and I still think the Caps in 7.....what else I got to hope for?

Comment

You are so correct graybeard. Mike Gillis made a huge mistake trading Hodgson. He scored many key goals on the third line this season. Canucks were not the same after trading him.

Philadelphia was way too physical for Pittsburgh to cope with. And the refereeing let Philadelphia get away with murder. That frustrated Pittsburgh to distraction in the early games.
            I called for Florida to beat New Jersey in my hockey pool

Comment

Good call on the Fla-NJ series. I didnt see it, I thought NJ would run them out.

I wonder if Hunter is gonna return next year for the Caps. Since he hasn't gotten a contract extension yet. I gotta wonder if it all depends on whether the Capitals beat the B's.

Comment

I wonder if Vigneault is returning. Presidents Trophy aside, Gillis pointed out that the team peeked in January with a victory over Boston in a playoff-like barnburner. This team coasted after the All-Star break and the coaching staff seemed to think they could turn it on at will.

Comment

VQ---I think Alain will be back next season. Good strategist, jus add a 3rd line scorer (Parise?), and the Canucks will be stirring the stew for another cup run. The Twins want that Cup BAD!!! So... I believe strings will be pulled to get some shooters in, and maybe a hitter or two. Not a whole lot of fixin' to do, really.

Now....I get to gloat! Jus a lil' bit anyway..there are a few Bruins fans I like on here...

A huge series win for the Caps, how good of a series was that? Not sure how the next round will go, but dang...knocking off the champs is something we have NEVER done in the playoffs. If we get the Rangers or Devils..eh, that won't go far. Panthers, I think we can skate with. Time will tell..meanwhile, Im dreaming of this---> !!!!!!!!!!

ok...will stuff my ego back inside the outhouse..

Comment

You deserve to gloat graybeard. Well played!
                    www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Ice Anyone?

Fun thread! Hockey Mom here, so my favorite team is, of course, my Son's High School team. He's 17, and Captain of the team. AND, yes I'm bragging!

Second to him - go Preds!!! We're sweating tonights final minutes!

Cheers Everyone!

Originally posted by monkeygirl View Post
                      Hey Guys! I'm a die-hard Canucks fan, and I was just wondering if anyone else here is a hockey-nut. I never heard anyone mention it here before. And the playoffs are here, so I'm really pumped and wondering if anyone else is?
                      Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
                      — Marianne Williamson

Comment

graybeard, that roar you heard from the north west when that puck went past Thomas was Canuck Nation screaming yes! And it was such a greasy goal. The inevitable battle between Philadelphia and Washington will be great. Yes I think Washington will beat New York.

Yes, our third line scorer was traded for a player that was a healthy scratch for game five.I think Kassian has the potential to be an impact player. Big and mean with speed and hands. But everyone here is talking about the Luongo divorce. It looks like he may be on his way out with Schneider playing so well. That would free up a lot of money for the spare parts needed for a Cup

Originally posted by graybeard View Post
                        VQ---I think Alain will be back next season. Good strategist, jus add a 3rd line scorer (Parise?), and the Canucks will be stirring the stew for another cup run. The Twins want that Cup BAD!!! So... I believe strings will be pulled to get some shooters in, and maybe a hitter or two. Not a whole lot of fixin' to do, really.

Now....I get to gloat! Jus a lil' bit anyway..there are a few Bruins fans I like on here...

A huge series win for the Caps, how good of a series was that? Not sure how the next round will go, but dang...knocking off the champs is something we have NEVER done in the playoffs. If we get the Rangers or Devils..eh, that won't go far. Panthers, I think we can skate with. Time will tell..meanwhile, Im dreaming of this---> !!!!!!!!!!

ok...will stuff my ego back inside the outhouse..

Comment

Hockey Moms Rule

Originally posted by Charlottes Web View Post
                          Fun thread! Hockey Mom here, so my favorite team is, of course, my Son's High School team. He's 17, and Captain of the team. AND, yes I'm bragging!

Second to him - go Preds!!! We're sweating tonights final minutes!

Cheers Everyone!
                          It's so interesting to see the hockey experience happening in new parts of North America; and I mean the amateur game. As for the pros, the Predators are for real with their new additions. And a great coach

The best of luck to your son. Where does he see his game going after graduation?

Comment

Thanks for the good luck wishes, and Preds compliments, Van!

Squirrelly, (17 y/o's nickname), is after an ROTC scholarship, but looking first at schools with good hockey programs. He also wants to go into the Military, (he heard it was easy, haha), but I'm not fond of the idea. The Pred's manager is a former client of mine, and I'm pulling every string I have to negotiate something there... like Water Boy! LOL

Enjoy the games before the ice melts!

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                            It's so interesting to see the hockey experience happening in new parts of North America; and I mean the amateur game. As for the pros, the Predators are for real with their new additions. And a great coach

The best of luck to your son. Where does he see his game going after graduation?
                            Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
                            — Marianne Williamson

Comment

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Hmmmmm..........

Someone been watching some OT hockey today??????

the Caps did ok, but man did they pay for their feebleness with the puck! Hoping game 2 goes a lot better.....

Comment

Working...
                                X