Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a DJI FPV Drone - C5 Quad

Hi guys,

I'm a c5 complete quad and I'm thinking of getting a DJI... I was worried about controlling it though until I saw the DJI FPV motion controller.
    https://youtu.be/Myko7Utp8fM?t=116

Im thinking I could strap it to my forearm (or head :-) )...

For basic flight, I think all I would have to figure out is... controlling the 'trigger/accelerate finger switch.

I researching if I could make a mouth switch to control a servo to use the trigger/accelerate button...

Does anyone know of an adaptive switch that could control a 'gun trigger' type switch?... see attached

I've looked at adapted guns but nothing I found looks suitable... due to the need for varying pressure required on the trigger button.

(I know I wouldn't be able to hit the emergency stop button...etc)
    Attached Files

I am a C45 quad and have the mini two. I have no problem using The stock controller on my lap. I got the full cage prop guards and fly it indoors for practice. Their new smart controller and mini three package looks awesome and you don’t have to worry about phone calls during a flight.

Comment

• C5QuadGuy
      C5QuadGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you considered the DJI FPV with the motion controller at all?

I won a DJI Mavic at an SCI fundraiser a few years ago and found flying it with standard controls doable. What stymied me (C7 with some hand function) was assembling the components with those tiny micro USB connectors. I finally resorted to giving it away to an AB friend.who I thought could make better use of it.

Comment

Are there rules or restrictions on where you can fly them?

Comment

KLD. Thank you. Very helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X