Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony

Did anyone here recognize the wheels the paralympic athlete who carried the torch was using in the opening ceremony? They looked similar to X-core 3 spoke wheels, but with thinner spokes. I personally think they looked awesome. I bet they are something only sold in Japan, but I'd do some research if anyone knows what they are called.

-Toast

simone biles she is the best worked her butt off her story is heartwarming and the olympic are treating her wrong not scoring her ability . they did the same thing to the ice skater elvis. the olympics are a joke now

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
      simone biles she is the best worked her butt off her story is heartwarming and the olympic are treating her wrong not scoring her ability . they did the same thing to the ice skater elvis. the olympics are a joke now
      She just walked away. She isn't competing any longer. Quit just before finals, I think.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

She's still competing in the individual events. Good for her for thinking of the other team mates who deserve to have the best the person can be. She recognized she wasn't at her maximum potential and was a hinderance to the other three earning a medal. Also stated the other two alternates were capable and ready to compete.

The results of the individual events will be solely on her with no repercussion on others for her efforts. Takes a lot of class to recognize she is not mentally fit and willing to give up her spot to someone else who is. The constant pressure on her thru the years must have taken their toll.

TG, National athletes always get the latest equipment to try out.I'm sure the same is what the para athlete was using.
        I remember when I played at the National level in Canada, we were given the first rigid framed wheelchairs and using camber with a small metal bar with two holes to spread the camber out of the foldable E&J frames. Folding the chair, we had to be careful as the seat tubes would come out of the side frame ending with the whole chair falling apart. Amazing how equipment and training has changed the past 48 years since I started competing.

Comment

That's nice, I'm glad she is still giving it a go. I hope she can get some help sorting out whatever mental struggles she was having in the team environment. From other recent articles, it might be true that US Gymnastics is in a very dysfunctional state right now, lacking good leadership and management. Ugh.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

i am stunned by the massive out rage this young lady is the top of the game she has set the bar high. i am shocked . she is a person to lok up to for all she has over come

Comment

Seems some people are just mean spirited Vickie. The internet brings out the worst in people.

Not sure if you saw Jordan on the Today Show this morning. She and her partner were being interviewed about the Silver they won in the All Arounds. Hoday introduced them to Michael Phelps. Jordan gushed and was obviously thrilled to meet him. She told him what an inspiration and a hero he was to her. Was so innocent and cute.

Comment

Working...
              X