Sit ski for water and snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sit ski for water and snow

OK, So, I have no clue about skis, for now or water. I have been interested in in sit skiing for downhill for sometime. Just havent gotten around to it. I am also interested in a sitski or a sit wakeboard for water skiing. My question is, is there a sit ski/suspension system made that you can just swap out the ski or do you need two completely different set ups for each sport.

that i have seen the water skis don't have suspension like the snow skis, its just a wide water ski with a seat. might get hold of the ski place up in park city, utah. they do a lot of adaptive stuff, or the local pva

Comment

Adaptive water skis don't have any suspension system. The ones for snow skiing require you to be strapped into the seat to prevent you flying off. If that were done with a water ski it could lead to drowning if the ski should flip. Here is what most adaptive water skis look like: Click image for larger version

Name:	4108984f35e1a05bc98f5ffa9493da37.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2911279
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

The gang over at Team Hands On Concepts have made a number of custom sit skis for folks over the years. This sounds like something right up their alley, if they're still doing them. They seem busy with chairs these days.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

that or go to breckridge or call those adative snow skiers they might help . i do know snow skiing not as great with the legs but still absolutely ball sitsking so fun. just a blast

Comment

Working...
          X